Simple changes to save you almost €3,000

happypat

The Financial Regulator has come up with an amazing plan to save €3000 a year by making "simple" changes.

http://www.itsyourmoney.ie/index.jsp?1nID=93&2nID=94&3nID=109&4nID=109&5nID=109&nID=421&aID=706

Some 83% of this simple saving is made by:

Cutting out a magazine a week - €3 x 52 = €156
Cutting out your daily takeaway coffee - €2 x 260 = €520
Bringing your own lunch to work. - €5 x 260 = €1,300
Switch your €10k lump-sum deposit account- more interest = €473

Excellent. I now see why we need the regulator. I'm going to sell my television and save on the TV license €170 too.

How much money would we save in taxes by getting rid of the financial regulator and itsyourmoney?

Just thought of something else - here is a body, set up by the government, telling people not to buy coffee, magazines or eat out for lunch.
I would be furious if I was a coffee shop owner or newsagent.

Probably wouldn't save us a great deal of money on the whole. What would be more interesting is how much will it cost to get a regulator with teeth!

The regulator obviously hasn't factored in that you still have to buy things to make your own lunch so saving isn't quite €1,300!

The Financial Regulator has come up with an amazing plan to save €3000 a year by making "simple" changes.

Does the FR work 260 days a year, cos I don't ;) !
Annual leave + bank/public holidays takes at least 30 off that figure.

Also, where can you get coffee (worth paying for) for €2 ?

And I still don't know what a tracker mortgage is.
:D
It's a rare and attractive beast, which once was the favoured offering of mortgage lenders and brokers (Workerus Industrii Moribundum) to their best-loved customers (Slightcluus Financialus). Sadly, the massive change in Ireland's financial climate have almost wiped out this magnificent creature. A few thousand still survive (despite the depredations of their nemesis, Bankerus Predatorius), but are no longer breeding; they're believed to be greatly cherished by their proud custodians.

Also, where can you get coffee (worth paying for) for €2 ?

Interesting letter in todays Irish Examiner. Owners of Idaho Cafe (in Cork city) wrote in to say that they had put a stand alone sign up outside (on a mainly pedestrianised street) offering €2 takeaway coffee but that 2 days later a litter warden came in to tell them that they would be fined €150 if they put it out again. As a small business owner they are exasperated.
So, there is €2 coffee around - but the authorities that be don't want you to know about it!!!

And rightly so - pedestrian streets would become obstacle courses if every shop was allowed to put up stand alone signs advertising their offers. This is why some shops go to the bother of hiring people to hold signs. I very much doubt it had anything to do with the authorities wanting to hide the fact that €2 coffee was available.

Didn't know financial regulator's role included giving advice to public on managing budgets. Pity it doesn't have much of an active role in managing bank affairs as well. We mightn't have to budget so hard if it had been doing that job!

Sorreee can't do the coffee thing.
Paid €4 for a coffee yesterday, sitting in the sun...cheaper and more effective than happy XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Worth going down in financial flames for!

http://www.itsyourmoney.ie/index.jsp?1nID=93&2nID=94&3nID=109&4nID=109&5nID=109&nID=421&aID=706

Some 83% of this simple saving is made by:

Cutting out a magazine a week - €3 x 52 = €156
Switch your €10k lump-sum deposit account- more interest = €473

Excellent. I now see why we need the regulator. I'm going to sell my television and save on the TV license €170 too.

What a great and well thought out plan, where would we all be without their inspired advice, we could just stop, reading, drinking and eating all together. I dont have 10,000 to hand do you think they could provide me with that so i can avail of these great interest rates!!!

And it's funny the figure they came up with is 3k.....wonder if that has anything to do with the 3k rise that the TD's are going to get. Maybe they can put this plan into action then they wouldn't need the rise!

wonder if that has anything to do with the 3k rise that the TD's are going to get. Maybe they can put this plan into action then they wouldn't need the rise!

maybe, but they don't officially work 260 days a year - plus they expense most of these items, unvouched, anyway.

ah that will be why there having the rise cause they wont be able to save as much as the rest of us.

Right i'm to buy heat, get a coffee and a sandwich and to source 10,000.......oh wait i forgot i have to stick to the plan.

Back