Signatory on business a/c I'm paid from?

Newbie!

I'm doing a little bit of consultancy work on the side of my full-time PAYE role. I need to be a signatory on the account from which I will be paid. Just wondering is there anything I need to be wary of about this?
Thanks.

Is that relevant somehow?
Yes. Trying to determine financial/business acumen of Newbie - usually internal-controls prevent the authoriser and the payer roles to be combined. Seems like this is a very loose/lax organisation. But there shouldn't be any real difficulty if you can trust yourself(!). I would try bring in some better controls for the organisation though - other people aren't as honest.

@Leo - was your comment helpful to the OP?

Yes. Trying to determine financial/business acumen of Newbie - usually internal-controls prevent the authoriser and the payer roles to be combined. Seems like this is a very loose/lax organisation. But there shouldn't be any real difficulty if you can trust yourself(!). I would try bring in some better controls for the organisation though - other people aren't as honest.

Why not just ask that question so? The field of work involved is irrelevant. Unless you can point to some relevant legislation that is specific to certain fields.

@Leo - was your comment helpful to the OP?

My question was posted with the aim of keeping the thread on topic in my role as moderator.

I'm not sure I follow - we got to a decent answer to the question raised; isn't that the objective? Is that off-topic?

Back