Sign Off stage payments

pooky

Could anyone tell me what an architect/engineer would charge for signing off a stage payment and also any ideas of the cost of Certificate of Compliance for en electrical inspection of a property that hasn't been occupied for some time.
Thanks

You need a electrician to test the electrical installation in the house in order to obtain a cert for it . I would estimate aprox 4 hours work @ €45.00 / hr + Vat

erw fran - was that 300 euros for each sign off or the total for all sign offs?

thanks sparkey - I was quoted 300 euros and thought it was a bit excessive

So, say you have six stage payments they charged €300 for the lot is that correct? I taught it would be a lot more. I have my house plans complete and i need to get an engineer to sign off the stage payments he was saying €1,500!

we had 3 stage payments, the architect was local and it was really just a case of her walking down the road. To be fair we thought it was very cheap as well but weren't complaining.

Pooky,

Some lending institutions "used" to accept stage payment requests directly from the builder with the final cert of compliance from the engineer. alternatively if your builder and engineer have good relationship, the builder can do up the draw down request and the engineer can just stamp it without having to do a site visit each time to confirm works have been done.

Thanks Mers1 - I'm moving over from the UK and am not sure of the role of architect and engineer in Ireland. I only have a small renovation project on a cottage and an architect would seem a bit grand. Is there a listing for engineers and do they come cheaper?
Regards

Back