Should Politicians show their expenses online

Z

z104

If they have legitimate expenses then they will have nothing to hide.

MEP Cathy Sinnott is planning on putting all her expenses online for anybody to view

If they have legitimate expenses then they will have nothing to hide.

MEP Cathy Sinnott is planning on putting all her expenses online for anybody to view

She must be getting desperate!!!

Is she going to post about the fact that she's being sued by a former constituency worker?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article6211497.ece

I just can't stomach that woman, Niallers! Have to declare that!

But, in answer to your question, I think they probably should. To be fair to them though, they should also publish with their M.E.P.'s expenses, a list expenses that they incur as M.E.P.'s, e.g., paying staff, office rent etc.

That might stop cynical gits like myself thinking it's just a gravy train. ;)

Sure they don't even have to show reciepts, showing them online is NEVER gonna happen

Surprised there haven't be more calls over here for the same sort of disclosures. Are we really saying our politicians are much different to the ones in the UK? I suppose as pointed out, our expenses tend me to be unvouched allowances so we will never know.

It's never going to happen if people have no expectation for it to happen.

Public/civil sector salaries are available for perusal on the web.

Why should expenses be unavailable?

Why don't the media pursue this?

Is it because members of the media also receive expenses and the can of worms is best kept

closed?

Marion

I receive expenses and I wouldn't mind if the information were published online with the expenses of all other public/civil sector employees.

Back