Should I stop/reduce my payments into PRSA

I have diverse PRSAs with IL&P, most in the consensus fund. How secure are those funds with IL&P? Can I move them into a more future-oriented pension fund which is e.g. based on sustainable energy? Is there such a PRSA?

What happens if IL&P goes bust? All the companies I worked for only offered PRSAs via IL&P, the companies were tied by agreements. If I decide to move all my PRSAs into PRSA deposit schemes, who can I ask to do that without paying another fee. Does IL&P offer a PRSA deposit scheme? If not who?

I invested part of my SSIA into one of my IL&P company PRSAs, which I regret now because the funds were heavily invested in banks, and the funds have dropped immensely in the meantime. I am aware that you cannot time the market and you have to see how it develops over the long term, however, I would have preferred a better choice of where to invest my PRSA and more transparent information.

Some countries offer a guarantee that the investor gets out at least the amount he/she puts in to a stakeholder pension, but I don't think the Irish (PRSA) scheme comes with a security like this, or does it? Would I receive any money back if the fund went bust?

Fanny

Back