Should I sell house in France now?

milliejones

I've a small house in north france. if selling, could get 90-95K for it (valued about 125K). i have no mortgage on it. Thinking of selling it now to pay off a good whack of mortgage on my irish home (I owe 170K).

I can still comfortably afford irish mortgage, but worried about future eg inflationm, interest rates, deep salary cuts. Should I sell france house to pay off as much as I can now or should I hang on to it. if things get as bad here as some are predicting, could having property in france be an escape hatch? All opinions welcome.

Hard to give any opinion with more details of your overall financial situation. Why not post full details in the 'money makeover' section and see what advice you get?

Do you get an income from the house in France? Do you get much use from it or do you intend to down the line when you retire perhaps.
I would think if you are getting no income or use from it I would be inclined to get rid but at the best price you can get. Check out also what tax if any you would be subject to on it's sale.
Also agree though that the bigger picture complainer mentions is worth a look.

Agree with other posters, not enough information to even begin to try and give advice. Try and do the money makeover thread.

Back