Shock absorbers online?

Sambo

Howdi,

I was wondering can anybody advise of a website/mailorder Co. that I can order Shock Absorbers from?

I recently failed the NCT on worn tyres because of worn shocks and obviously have to replace both.

I got a couple of quotes for tyres from a few well known garages to replace, dispose and balance (cheapest was €480, most expensive was €690 with "Fast-Fit").

I then went on-line used eiretyres.com, got 4 low-profile all weather 205/40/17' tyres and using thier reccommended fitter (€50) got it for €340 all-in saving myslef a tidy sum. So, in a nutshell I am looking for anything that would be similar re:being able to order the shocks online at cost and have them fitted.

I need a set of gas-filled shocks (front R+L) for a MkIII 1997 Golf. (Koni, Monroe - any make - not fussy). I have recieved a quote for €130 per shock (€260 for a pair of Monroe's), and €70 for the camber adjustment and if I do it all with this lot they wont charge labour!!

Anybody any suggestions or any previous experience or am I just been a skinflint and is the above quote fair?

Anyway as ever much appreciated.

Rgds

Sambo

Back