Sharm El Sheikh

ericsson

Hi all,

Heading to Egypt this Thursday for a weeks holiday. I am staying in the Kiroseiz Four Corners Resort and was wondering has anybody been here before? If so can anyone tell me what to expect? Did you like it?

Also if anyone has been to Sharm El Sheikh have they any recommendations any day-trips? Restaurants? Bars etc?

Thanks in advance,
Ericsson :)

There is a Lebanese restaurant in the top of a small shopping centre in Sharm centre which is great. I'll dig out the business card and put the name up .

thanks Shilling :) will have to try it out. just packing here and im like a child who was never on holiday before :)

Hi all,

Heading to Egypt this Thursday for a weeks holiday. I am staying in the Kiroseiz Four Corners Resort and was wondering has anybody been here before? If so can anyone tell me what to expect? Did you like it?

Also if anyone has been to Sharm El Sheikh have they any recommendations any day-trips? Restaurants? Bars etc?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Ericsson,

I know you are looking for other posters opinions, but I find is very useful in sussing out how hotels are more or less going to be. 72% of posters there would recommend your hotel, so I reckon it will work out just fine. You are definitely going to get great weather there, good food and booze etc so it's all good! Enjoy!

Thanks Gebbel for ur reply. It is like a pantene ad, 72% of posters cant lie :) Talk to all you AAMers when I get back :p

Thanks again,

Don't know whether you are into scuba diving; if you are, Sharm is probably the nearest best warm diving destination to Ireland (if that make sense).

Even if you never tried it before it is worth doing a "try dive"; there are several dive centres in the area and they let you try it out; if you have ever been remotely interested in diving, I would recommend giving it a go in Sharm.

If you don't fancy the diving (which I didn't) I went snorkelling - to Ras Mohammad. Coral reef at this national park is recognized internationally as among the world's best. We went with our tour rep at the hotel (first choice/thompson). Picked up at hotel, gear provided, lunch, drinks on boat) - we stopped at three different corals. Really enjoyable day. RED SEA CRUISE was the package name.

We also went on Quad Bikes - again picked up by hotel - we had to buy scarf and eye wear- quick lessons and how to use and then you are off into the dessert - we also stopped at Beduoin Tent for water and rest - another stop at Beduion tent for lunch.. Really enjoyable day also.. morning pick up - back to hotel by 5.

We had been to Egypt before and stayed in Luxor, we did a nile cruise - all the sites - valley of the kings, aswan, abu simble etc... and we also flew to Cairo. I would recommend that you take a trip to see the Pyramids! You can fly (?) or bus it (5hours) from Sharm.

We also visited Namma Bay - its a busy bay, shops restaurants, a long busy strip.... We only had a quick visit - couple of hours.... We sat in one of the bars - open air, which had belly dancers, fire blowers and you could have a shish pipe etc... an experience - a bit of a mish mash thrown together!!!

We stayed in the Coral Sea Resort - which was lovely... a fab chinese across the road was PEKING - really good food!..

Back