Share Split

finnyo

Hi advice please
I have Trinity Biotech shares with DEGIRO and on the 23 February 2024 TB carried out a 1-5 reverse stock
In short I had 21,421 shares worth €10,817 on the 22Feb 24 , On the 24 Feb 24 I had 4,284 shares worth €1,842 why didn’t I get the equivalent monetary value for the reduced number of shares ?
DEGIRO advised to watch the German stock exchange Tradegate to see when the shares would be tradeable again. As that would be when the price would increase
However so far to date there is no activity. Can anyone shed any light on when this will happen?
I have tried numerous times to contact Trinity Biotech but get no answer on the phone, or reply to emails.
Kind regards
Finbarr.

What us the ISIN code for what you hold?

Are you sure you own shares or ADS

Hi jpd. I’ve looked up the ISIN code and it’s with US8964385046
I’m a newbi at this share lark and thought I invested in Irish companies only.
Looks like I have ADS
Can you shed any light on my question re the monetary difference.

There are no transactions on Tradegate for the shares since the split. So no price.
Most of the shares are dealt on the NASDAQ - the closing price last Fri was $ 2.05 so your holding would be worth around $ 8,782 or € 9,500

This is a a risky company in what is an innovative space - do you have any particular reason to have invested in this share?

It is not a share for a newbie, and investing only in Irish shares is a big mistake

What us the ISIN code for what you hold?

Are you sure you own shares or ADS
There are no transactions on Tradegate for the shares since the split. So no price.
Most of the shares are dealt on the NASDAQ - the closing price last Fri was $ 2.05 so your holding would be worth around $ 8,782 or € 9,500

This is a a risky company in what is an innovative space - do you have any particular reason to have invested in this share?

It is not a share for a newbie, and investing only in Irish shares is a big mistake

If there trading on NASDAQ why aren’t they trading on TRADEGATE how can I get my money € 9,500 out ?

Tradegate is not really a public exchange - it is a trading platform where banks and other members match trades without putting them on a public exchange

You can probably enter a sell transaction and it will be executed but you probably would want to use a limit sell order rather than a market order

When did you purchase the shares?

You will probably have to contact Degiro or Tradegate to get them re-listed - at the moment, my broker only lists them on the NASDAQ

I first started to invest March 23 and drip feed until the 23/02/24
Thanks for your advice respect. I’ll open dialogue with DEGIRO and Tradegate
I’ll keep you informed on the outcome.
Cheers

Finnyo, i had this recently with trading 212 for a different company. It looks like there is still an adjustment to be done to the holdings. It looks like they reduced your showing holding by the reverse split but the price has not adjusted yet.

Back