SFA or ISME

I thinks that's a slam dunk! / Own Goal.

Maybe the response should have read...

"I'm Eilis Quinlan, I am Chairman of ISME and I believe we are better for small businesses because...."

It doesn't flout advertising rules as you are answering a query from a poster & ISME is a non profit organisation.

Perhpas, but then why really? As I said, my work with ISME is voluntary, and I was only stating my opinion, as were the other respondents

Perhpas, but then why really? As I said, my work with ISME is voluntary, and I was only stating my opinion, as were the other respondents
So you are speaking as ISME chairperson. I would advise people to take every word from ISME with a grain of salt, you never know what personal vested interest they have in what they are telling you to do, trying to promote, advise you on.
Just stating my opinion.

Hi Eilis - I'll be charitable and assume that you don't have a whole lot of experience on web bulletin boards. It would be standard practice to declare any conflict of interest, and indeed this is covered in the .

But it really is more to do with common sense and good ethics. I'm sure you've come across the concept of declaring conflicts of interest before.

Back