SF rating higher than FF in poll

I doubt anybody would complain about looking after the poorest in society but Im sure you could find lots that were asking for tax evasion schemes for the rich to be closed off and people who were profiting massively during the boom years to be taxed more to pay for those increases in Welfare.

Tax Evasion schemes?

Those tax schemes were where all the money to pay for all those benefits was coming from. There might have been calls to put a halt to the rising cost of land but at the same time, there were calls to scrap stamp duty. There were complaints the Government weren't doing enough to get first time buyers onto the 'property ladder'. Every party and most people inside and outside this country bought into the latter lazy years of the Celtic Tiger when we thought we could just give ourselves huge increases in standard of living and pay for it by selling houses to each other. FF have many many faults but when history looks back at this time, they won't be the only people facing inditement.

Fine, it's like saying people in the US should be ashamed for electing George Bush. People vote for politicians that they think will improve things. If those politicians turn out to be complete idiots, people might regret how they voted but I still can't see why they should be ashamed.

Wasn't it Einstein who said something about madness being doing the same thing and expecting different results?

Wasn't it Einstein who said something about madness being doing the same thing and expecting different results?

Too deep for me. Were you screaming about increasing taxes and taking heat out of the economy back in 2006?

Back