Setup Bank Account for small online business

paulocon

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice please.

I have a small online business which has attracted some business. I am looking to accept cheques made out to the website name . I assume I need to setup a separate bank account for this (e.g. Joe Bloggs trading as WidgetsAreUs).

Would anyone know what I need to open such a bank account? Assuming I need to register the company/trading name with the C.R.O?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Paul

[broken link removed] which includes 1 year free banking for a current account.

They also offer a free consultation with a participating solicitor and accountant, the accountant in particular will be of great use to you in guiding you on the best way to structure your business and can save you a huge amount of money in the long run.

Also on offer is a business credit card with the fee waived for the first year and 50% off registration fee with a merchant services company.

Good luck with the business!

You will also need to have registered the business name and have proof of same to open a bank account in that name.

Why not just register as self employed and get cheques etc paid in your name?

Main reason is so I can accept cheques made out to the website/company name. I think this looks more professional than accepting cheques made out to myself.

Back