SEPA - - costing me money

stevieob

it looks like SEPA is going to cost me.... all for something I already have that works fine, to do something I don't need or want (interact with foreigners).

So according to BOI, I use Business on Line for uploading files to pay suppliers / wages. this won't change and I don't need to worry about anything. (I don't believe them)

I pay ad hoc supplier payments to beneficiaries I already have stored on BOL. Nothing to change here either.

But I collect DD's from a handful of customers, maybe 25 a month, which I currently just enter an amount into BOL, as I already have all their details stored there. This feature of BOL is being done away with, and no sutable replacement.

They won't tell me how to create the file I need, which I will have to send to a third party to process and they have "recommended" a partner to use!

A quick look on the web, I can see some companies will integrate with Sage 50 for me but a gonna charge me E370 upwards ( I can't claim VAT back)

what kind of a Joke is this?????????????

Sage also don't seem interested in producing a file for me..... I'm sure there are lots of Sage customers who want to charge their customers DD's

Sepa

Hi
you will be able to continue paying suppliers/employees after SEPA introduction as before with manually inputting payments in Banking online. There is no Sage 50 facility to create a Direct Debit file for upload to the bank which is SEPA compliant nor was there before SEPA. You will have to either get a Sage 50 add-on or a stand alone database which will create the Sepa compliant files for direct debits. We supply these solutions , so if you want to contact us directly we would be happy to talk to you.

I never bothered about SEPA.... put it on the long burner......

Seems I'm not the only one, deadline keeps getting extended from what I see.

So Union, how much are you charging to create this xml file? Seems like I have to get someone to do it for me....... I got a file format from the bank, but it ain't nothing like the csv files i send my wages on (that is easy to understand). You would need a masters in computer science to make head or tail of this pain008 stuff.

Pain008 and pain002..... ? why can't they at least use sensible file names?

Does your bank offer a conversion service for converting your csv into an XML file?

I am working on the SEPA conversion for my company and the bank issued us with the XML file format they require, and a document explaining what each field/tag meant. PAIN just means PAyments INitiation.

I agree that XML is not as easy to read as CSV (which could just open in excel) but you wouldnt need a masters (its not much more complicated than HTML). I expect you are going to have to get the XML report created for you to use with Sage for now.

BTW, I am able to open XML files in excel 2010 (and they show up like normal columns & rows) the problem is you cant make changes & save as it adds too much formatting. I wonder are there already XML editors that might allow you to work as you did before?

Back