sending your visa card details by e mail is this safe?

coleen

I have booked a tour in Rome and have been asked to either fax or email my visa details to comfirm the booking is it safe to e mail your details? I do not have access to a fax but could go and find one would fax be better.

Don't email your credit card details! Fax them if you have to and if you have verified that the service provider is reputable.

The service provider is a tour offered on the offical vatican site so I think that should be reputable so I will fax details thanks

Email is not secure. Sending any details via email is similar to putting them on a postcard and sending it in the post. Anyone who accesses the email/postcard can read your details.

C

Anyone that picks the fax off their machine also has your details. I would not be happy to fax such information.
All faxes to our office come in as emailed PDFs

Do they not have a secure online ordering system? - This would be the safest option.

If they do not have a secure online ordering system, get a phone number and an english speaker on the other end and phone in the payment/holding deposit.

Email is no more or less secure than fax....

what you need to do is send first half of your credit card by email and the other half by fax/phone....

Back