Selling My Home

Well september is generally when the markets begin to pick up as people return from hols and then want to have moved before christmas.

Not everyone can sell their own home, I'm one of them.

posted here
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=323894&postcount=7

Daft is in the same league as Myhome. Purchasers are looking at both sites now. Think of what you would do when looking for a house to buy.

I tried selling a house myself earlier in 2006 and the amount of absolute timewasters was unbelievable. People out for a look, people clearly not in a financial position to buy, people for whom the house clearly wasn’t suitable (I do acknowledge that you sometimes have to get a good look around) but you would get comments like I need four beds (it was a three bed).

My feeling was that buyers nowadays are looking at show houses all the time and expect second-hand houses to look the same. In the end I went with an auctioneer who dealt with all those idiots. If I added up all the time the auctioneer/estate agent spent on it he probably earned his money.

Not everyone can sell their own home, I'm one of them.

posted here
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=323894&postcount=7

Daft is in the same league as Myhome. Purchasers are looking at both sites now. Think of what you would do when looking for a house to buy.

I tried selling a house myself earlier in 2006 and the amount of absolute timewasters was unbelievable. People out for a look, people clearly not in a financial position to buy, people for whom the house clearly wasn’t suitable (I do acknowledge that you sometimes have to get a good look around) but you would get comments like I need four beds (it was a three bed).

My feeling was that buyers nowadays are looking at show houses all the time and expect second-hand houses to look the same. In the end I went with an auctioneer who dealt with all those idiots. If I added up all the time the auctioneer/estate agent spent on it he probably earned his money.

Well maybe the EA will earn their money now they actualy have to sell house not justopen the door.

I;m going to sell my house and use an EA if he sells first he get the money if not I get the money simple, also my house is a second hand house but I have it up to show house standard and still it hasnt sold.

Jaid

I;m going to sell my house and use an EA if he sells first he get the money if not I get the money simple, also my house is a second hand house but I have it up to show house standard and still it hasnt sold.

Your version of showhouse standard may not be everyone elses. the advantage an EA will have is dealing with a multitude of people any learning what current trends and expectations are and they should be able to advise as such, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your perception of your home btw, just saying that sometimes an outside perspective not attached to the home is helpful

Your version of showhouse standard may not be everyone elses. the advantage an EA will have is dealing with a multitude of people any learning what current trends and expectations are and they should be able to advise as such, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your perception of your home btw, just saying that sometimes an outside perspective not attached to the home is helpful

I work with in the industry as a professional and know what a show house looks like.

My house may not be too everybodies taste as no show house can be, it is marketed to the majority not the minority.

Jaid

Back