Selling and Estate agency fees

Finlandia

I have a query regarding estate agency fees, I have a tenant for almost 5 years now and am considering selling, I have renewed the lease each year and paid the agency fee each year for the renewal.

If the tenant wanted to buy the house would I have to pay the estate agent a large fee since they have not had to advertise or set up viewings , any help would be appreciated

Thank,you

If you have a buyer, and are happy with the price, you don't need an estate agent to sell the house.

You do need a solicitor.

Hi sorry I mean that the tenants I have at the moment we're through an agency who I pay to renew the lease each year will I have to pay the agency a large fee if these tenants want to buy my house

What deal did you sign with the agency? Does it even say anything about selling the property?

I would not imagine so. You pay the agency to manage the letting. If you sell directly to the tenant, I imagine that's a whole different transaction so nothing owed to the agency, as they are not doing anything for the sale and have already been paid for any services rendered? I'm open to correction, of course.

I can't remember what was agreed as it was nearly five years ago, I will call them today I just wanted to see what I might be up against before I call thanks for the replies I will let you know how I get on in case someone else is ever in the same boat

I got in touch with the estate agent and happy to say if the tenants buy from us there will be no agency fee for introducing them to us in the beginning

Back