Sellafield not responsible for cancer cases

ClubMan

Good to see some on this populist red herring for a change. Hopefully the National Cancer Registry will put the full report up on their website soon. Wonder what Mrs. Bono and her postcard sending ilk will have to say about this or will they somehow avoid the facts getting in the way of their zealous campaign?

In fairness, the core claim of the Shut Sellafield campaign is not that it has caused cancers in the past, but the risk that it could do so in future in case of terrorist attack or serious accident, i.e.
Sellafield is now more dangerous than ever. If it is hit by terrorist attack, or if an accident occurs, Dublin, Dundalk and Belfast will be uninhabitable. Depending on which way the wind is blowing, England, Scotland and Wales will also be badly affected.

I think we all know the answer to that one. ;)

Roll on nuke fusion so humanity can end this debate make the leap upwards from our current pathetic
Kardashev Type 0 civilization status. I'm told that good and steady progress is being made.

Fair enough Rainyday but read the guest book on the site and listen carefully to what the spokespeople for this campaign say in the media and you'll hear lots of guff about increased incidences of cancers and other diseases in the Louth area which they mistakenly attribute to Sellafield rather than other factors.

Cancer Past and Future

In fairness, the core claim of the Shut Sellafield campaign is not that it has caused cancers in the past, but the risk that it could do so in future in case of terrorist attack or serious accident, i.e.

Nonsense. The Terrorist angle was latched on to after 9/11. This campaign has been going on long before that.
I distinctly remember a long discussion about levels of radioactivity *currently* in the Irish Sea.

I don't necessarily disagree with the campaign to close Sellafield, but let's at least keep our facts straight.

-Rd

Re: Cancer Past and Future

Nonsense. The Terrorist angle was latched on to after 9/11. This campaign has been going on long before that.
And the risk of accident has been there long before 9/11. And in fact, the risk of terrorist incident had been there long before 9/11.

Back