Self directed pension query

MDGA

Hi all, I am looking for some sound advice regarding the set up of my self directed pension. I purchased a single apartment with my pension funds in 2013. The apartment is rented with monies going into a bank account. The trustees hold the bank account and make 1 or 2 payments a year. The apartment is now worth about 100k more. Anyway my query is pension charges. Is there anyway I can pay a single fixed sum to the pension company and trustees as opposed to a percentage as they have relatively nothing to do while my investment rises...I do not think it's fair to be paying on a percentage basis.

Any advice on how I could arrange a new structure would be appreciated

Most (all?) Trustees charge as a % of the fund value. However you could ask your Trustee if they will offer a flat fee.

I have property in a self directed pension and the annual charge is fixed which currently equates to .25% which is reasonable.

I have property in a self directed pension and the annual charge is fixed which currently equates to .25% which is reasonable.
Hi..can you let me know who the trustees are??? Pension provider??? I'm currently being charged over 1%

I use Bastow Charleton Wealth Management,Clanwilliwm Hse,Dublin 2

Let us know how you get on.

Back