Self Catering Homes

paulocon

Hi,

Off in a couple of weeks and have nothing booked. Can anyone recommend any good websites/resources for Self-Catering in Ireland? Ideally looking for a house to take a family of 6 (2 adults, 4 children).

http://www.goireland.com/

booked a self catering cottage (killala co mayo) few years back, found on the above website, however had difficulty in booking on this website as too many children and so decided to ring the owner directly who had no problem in taking two extra infants. Reviews on Tripadvisor etc.

My sister booked a 3 bed house in Kenmare yesterday for €399 for a week in August on dreamireland.com.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions..

I've not been up around Donegal in quite some time, anyone recommend it? I do a bit of hiking and the younger children love the beach so possibilities there..

Have you considered near Dingle? Friend of mine owns this holiday cottage:
[broken link removed]

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of bargains and price reductions on self-catering, given the woes of our current property market, particularly holiday homes.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of bargains and price reductions on self-catering, given the woes of our current property market, particularly holiday homes.

A little of the beaten track here but my kids mad to go camping and I can't believe the prices being charged.

e.g. €30 for tent, €1 for shower each (€2 if u want to have time t wash/condition your hair as water runs out), €3 for extra child, so €38 for a family of five with five showers.

Has anyone any experience of reasonable camping prices. Thanks.

A little of the beaten track here but my kids mad to go camping and I can't believe the prices being charged.

This is something we hope to do in August. The one site I checked has rates a good bit lower than what you have been quoted, e.g. Family tent EUR 12.00, showers Free

.i also have family of 6 (2 adults and 4 children) . . i have just booked a week in august in salthill in galway .. .its a 3 bedroom apartment right beside beach . .4km from galway city, cost 349euro, dunaras village. just google dunaras village . .. good luck

Thanks all. I was thinking Donegal but my wife isn't convinced. Looking at Kerry now. Found a few houses with availability but they are a bit too much on the remote side. What I have seen is some really amazing houses which are fully booked unfortunately. Of nothing else, I have a short list for next year!!

Stayed in a lovely house near Killorglin last year for a week - seems to be loads of holiday rentals down there. House since sold and no longer available. Very central for Killarney, Tralee etc and Killorglin is a nice small town with playground etc for small ones. We are heading to Clare this year - same story ie detached 3 bed house in own grounds, sea view etc. Negotiated to €600 for week in August which I thought was ok. Supevalu doing breaks for €499 but tend to be semi-detached houses in holiday villages.

.i also have family of 6 (2 adults and 4 children) . . i have just booked a week in august in salthill in galway .. .its a 3 bedroom apartment right beside beach . .4km from galway city, cost 349euro, dunaras village. just google dunaras village . .. good luck

Dunaras is not in Salthill. I live in Salthill hence my username. It is near Salthill and is a half hour walk to the beach. Otherwise, it looks fine from the outside. It is used as a residence for students during the academic year.

Hi folks,

Found a place in Westport. Just wondering if anyone has been to Westport with children and if you would recommend it?

I've used DreamIreland's website several times and always have a positive experience with the houses I've rented.
Westport is great for kids, lovely beaches, Westport House etc.

westport brillant, westport house on tesco days out vouchers so great value, spend a day there, bring picnic etc.

Back