Self-build insurance

SoundBiy

Hi. I'm looking for an insurance company that does self-build insurance for 'buildings in course of construction cover'.
It's a fixed price contract build with a single contractor as opposed to direct labour .
We got a quote from Arachas for €1,150 which seems a bit steep.
Anyone have any recommendations or is that price the going rate?

Hi there, we recently went through same and got a quote of less than a quarter of that price. I could pm you details of my friend if that's allowed? Cheers.

New user is the issue here. We don't encourage the use of PMs, please keep the discussion public so that others in the same situation can benefit.
Leo

No problem Shamrock.

Yes, you are allowed. Our '' guideline allows others to post recommendations, so long as any connection is declared (which you have already done by stating they are a friend).
Leo

Thanks Leo. Name is Damien from Capital Financial, number is 01-2937700, highly recommended.

for the OP:
If, as you say:

'It's a fixed price contract build with a single contractor as opposed to direct labour'

and the contractor has insurances in place, and you have a contract, why do you need any additional insurance? The Contractors insurance should cover everything until handover?

www.studioplustwo.com

It was one of the conditions of our loan offer that was imposed in our case and imagine it's the same for OP. Ours was with UB.

There are two insurances self builders may require.
1. Buildings under the course of construction .. covering material loss generally hence the lower figures sometimes quoted , so make sure to check that point 2 is also covered in the quote.
2. Self build ... covering third party liability to contractors ,visitors and or tresspassers who may wander onto your build for whatever reason.

Back