Self Amin Pension- Trustess there of.

Reaction

I have a joint penion with my wife, which is a self admin. pension. Its with a company who do very little with my pension, I feel they charge much too much each year. Can anybody advise where i can get quotes from other companys. The present company in these very diffucult times when our pensions have taken such massive hits are charghing much too much, in fact its a rip off.. I want to change companies but dot know where to go..

In the first instance, I think you should bring up the subject of what the existing pensioneer trustee is doing at present and ask for a breakdown of how they calculate their fee.

If you're looking for a replacement trustee, you could try [broken link removed]

I'm in a similar position, I set up a self-admin pension and paid in when I was a self-employed contractor operating a limited company during the noughties. I invested 40k of it in a UK property fund, so heres the issue; I'm incurring annual admin charge on the fund of e500+VAT however, the property fund which was originally planned to discharge about 5 years ago has not been discharged. I have some cash also 20k left in the fund, which is being whittled away all the time by these charges. I would like to move into some more cost effective vehicle - I think I should have cut my losses long ago and moved the cash back into a regular pension product, but what if anything can I do about the Property Fund investment and the fees the trustee continues to charge?

Back