Security camera for garden

ccraig

We have burgulars breaking into houses on a weekly basis at the moment. Can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive camera for the house or garden that may be easy to setup and motion activated?

Indoors would probably make more sense in case it was fiddled with outdoors but open to hear anyone else's experience

If you haven't already got one, I would get a good house alarm before getting CCTV. Next I would get good sensor lights. All CCTV will do is retrospectively show you the burglars entering your property. As a deterrent I wouldn't think they are all that great - the thieves will know that they are not being monitored "Live" so all they have to worry about is obscuring their identity. Dark clothes and a baseball cap will do that easily.

The trouble with inexpensive cameras is the quality is not great. You will also need a recorder (DVR), and these vary quite significantly in price and quality. You will also need to consider that if someone does break in, and they know you have CCTV, they may well look for, and take the DVR.

If you have a web-cam, download a free software package called Dorgem. Works a treat. You can set it to be motion activated and it'll save pics either to your pc or can upload it to a site.

We have burgulars breaking into houses on a weekly basis at the moment. Can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive camera for the house or garden that may be easy to setup and motion activated?

Indoors would probably make more sense in case it was fiddled with outdoors but open to hear anyone else's experience

It's not going to act as a deterrent if it's indoors, as has been pointed out that will only assist the garda after your house has been burgled, even then the robbers could be wearing Caps that would hide their faces.

Lights outside and even an alarm box up on the front of the house not attached to anything would be better.

Back