Seagulls - attacking people and marking cars - how to deal with them?

Sitting in my uncle's house today by the sea and he has bird feeders outside for small birds, telephone pole near house and the seagulls perch on it waiting their opportunity to get at some of the bread he puts out for the smaller birds, he puts it under upturned hanging baskets so bigger birds can't get at it. Anyway his weapon of choice is a laser pointer, he manages to point it at them and they fly off! Had to laugh but it's inventive! He's sitting there though retired watching the birds so has plenty of time for it.
You can be sure they will try to find a way at 4am when he's not watching. Suspend it and enclose it in a cage that bigger animals cannot reach through.

You can be sure they will try to find a way at 4am when he's not watching. Suspend it and enclose it in a cage that bigger animals cannot reach through.
I have bird houses with a small doorway only small birds get in, but it's Ravens that are the problem here

Ah - I do get visited by a wood pigeon and two magpies, but they just give me the filthies and trot around the window in the hope that I might be kind.

Back