Seagull Driven Demented by own Reflection

odyssey06

I have a seagull who seems to think its mortal enemy is its reflection in my bedroom window...

Any suggestions?

The window is over an extension, so hard to get at to put anything on the outside.

I tried putting stuff on the inside window ledge (cushions, lamp) to draw focus to them rather than reflection \ break up the reflection but no luck.

I know you can get stickers to put on windows to prevent bird collisions.

I dunno if they will work for this seagull... he might attack them!

I have a seagull who seems to think its mortal enemy is its reflection in my bedroom window...

Any suggestions?

The window is over an extension, so hard to get at to put anything on the outside.

I tried putting stuff on the inside window ledge (cushions, lamp) to draw focus to them rather than reflection \ break up the reflection but no luck.

I know you can get stickers to put on windows to prevent bird collisions.

I dunno if they will work for this seagull... he might attack them!
Make a video and put it on YouTube. You might make a few bob.

Last edited:
Or put a photograph of yourself in the window.....that should do it .....Failing that get a photograph of a shotgun.

Or put a photograph of yourself in the window.....that should do it .....Failing that get a photograph of a shotgun.
Damn, if I only I had a large size photo of the pope, or queen or Dev or something lying around.

Plus this seagull might attack a disembodied head. Has no respect for anything.

Last edited:
Your windows are probably too clean:).
Don't do such a good job cleaning them , next time.. ;)

Splattered seagull makes windows dirty.
In my last place had a pigeon hit the window... dunno if it flew straight in, or it was falling out of sky already and struck it a glancing blow.

Double glazed window held but it was an almighty thud.

In my school as a kid some poor sod had the sight of walking into the break room after a bird had smashed through a window :(

In my last place had a pigeon hit the window... dunno if it flew straight in, or it was falling out of sky already and struck it a glancing blow.

Double glazed window held but it was an almighty thud.

In my school as a kid some poor sod had the sight of walking into the break room after a bird had smashed through a window :(
When I was a kid we were driving into Wexford on the Dublin road at the bridge and a Gull mistimed it's take off and splattered across the windscreen. My mother was driving and had to pull over and the windscreen was completely covered in innards and feathers. I think the poor animal was struck head-on just before it cleared the car.

Update - I have deployed advanced system to confuse the seagull. A flattened cardboard box has been placed along bottom of window. The seagull investigates it and gives the window a little tap but seems to stop short of full assault now. Fingers crossed.

Has no respect for anything.

He sounds like the very same guy who landed on my shoulder in Henry Street, Dublin some years ago and terrified me. He stole some food out of my hand and him and his pal headed off after mugging me for the grub. I would normally love most birds, but not seagulls, so its good enough for him, karma and all that ;)

He sounds like the very same guy who landed on my shoulder in Henry Street, Dublin some years ago and terrified me. He stole some food out of my hand and him and his pal headed off after mugging me for the grub. I would normally love most birds, but not seagulls, so its good enough for him, karma and all that ;)
They are a menace. As far as I'm concerned once they are not at the sea, they are pests!

Back