Scrapping a car

MFK

I have a 1997 Megane 1.4 petrol. Head gasket is gone and boiled over and air bag light on. Interior and exterior is excellent condition.

Any ideas how I go about scrapping it. Do you just ring around car breaker yards and get best price etc.

Never done it before so just wondering how to go about it.

Appreciate any advice.

There was a time you would have to pay to have it taken away but the value of scrap metal is pretty high at the moment so you should get paid for it. I'd say if you check through the classifieds of your local paper you will find advertisements looking for scrap cars. This company collect nationwide if you dont find somewhere local [broken link removed] I've no connection with them.

There was a time you would have to pay to have it taken away but the value of scrap metal is pretty high at the moment so you should get paid for it. I'd say if you check through the classifieds of your local paper you will find advertisements looking for scrap cars. This company collect nationwide if you dont find somewhere local [broken link removed] I've no connection with them.

anyone got a ball park figure as to what they'll pay? I have a 99 corolla and a 00 Almera that could be going that way any day?

anyone got a ball park figure as to what they'll pay? I have a 99 corolla and a 00 Almera that could be going that way any day?

If you go with an ad in your local paper and have the car collected you'll get in the region of 60 euro for it. If you can take it to the scrap dealer yourself and cut out the middle man so to speak you'll get a bit more

Was just talking to friend yesterday who has been offered 300 scrap value for 01 Punto, in perfect shape other than major electrical problem that costs too much to fix.

Was just talking to friend yesterday who has been offered 300 scrap value for 01 Punto, in perfect shape other than major electrical problem that costs too much to fix.

Just to remind that you can bring a vehicle to an Authorised Treatment Facility and have the car scrapped for nothing. They will also give you a Certificate of Destruction for the vehicle other wise the tax bills will continue to come your way. Also, by selling your vehicle you should enquire whether about is environmental depollution.

Back