Saving lump sum in correct bank???

• Thread starter carrigfadda
  • Start date
C

carrigfadda

Hi all,

I have 25,000 to save for approximately 1 or 2 years. its alot of money so I obviously want to get the best rate. Can anyone guide me to the right place?
I see PTSB are offering 4.22 AER and EBS are offering 4.29.
With all the bad news re Irish banks Im not sure whether it is even a good idea to invest here. Can anyone help me with this as I am abit clueless? Should I be looking at a foreign bank and if so which one? The safety of my cash is a MAJOR concern as I cannot afford to lose any of it.

Thanks all

There has been a lot said on AAM about this topic. I'm a new poster so I can't post the links but if you do a search (top of the page) you should find some info.

Alternatively a google search will do the trick:

"askaboutmoney.com" safe bank

some options

I was looking at PTSB fixed rated deposit accounts and I am going for one of those for an amount over 10k. I already bank with them and I just dont want an account with another bank. I am just going for the 3 month account at 3.25%, gross interest and after the 3 months I can decide what to do then, even if I just put it away again for another 3 months. I just dont want to put it away in a 1 or 2 year fixed rate account. I expect the interest rates on new fixed rate accounts coming out over the next few months will increase rather than decrease.

[broken link removed]

Back