Saving an electricians business?

W

what2do

Hello everyone,
I was hoping someone would have some suggestions. My husband is a 62 year old self employed electrician. He has now almost fully recovered (hopefully) from a serious illness last year. His business however is struggling as is our financial state with money owing by us and to us and a lack of work in the likes of house wiring which has been his main work for the past decade or more.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for finding work or what he could do to help the situation. I know that continually worrying about work and money isnt good for his health either and neither is having too much time on his hands.

Thank you

He could register with and see if he gets any enquiries.

The fact that he is not working at the moment may be an advantage as he can give an immediate service.

I have used this site from the other end as a custoner and found it great.

use free noticeboards in supermakrets and local shops, offer free quotations, no call out charges, no job too big or small on the notice

advertisement is probably key here so he can get his name around a community so they will call him first if they need someone.

also try pickapro.ie and tradesmen.ie, maybe even pluspoint.ie

maybe contact previous people he worked with to get some work or previous jobs he did to see if they know anyone looking for a job done etc. word of mouth is key in times like this.

maybe contact previous people he worked with to get some work or previous jobs he did to see if they know anyone looking for a job done etc. word of mouth is key in times like this.

That's a very good suggestion. I have used very good tradespeople in the past and then lost their contact details.

Back