Saver Account that allows more than 1k per month transfer

WGT

Hi,
I currently have a Savers Account with my bank but occasionally I need to transfer more than 1k per month which I'm not allowed to as per the conditions.
What are some alternatives? I would like easy access to such an account. It's more of a rainy day account for general things that crop up from time to time.

Thanks,

WGT

With AIB you can open up to 4 Online Savers accounts so can transfer up €4K per month at 3% interest. Also handy to have the start dates on the four accounts three months apart so when the account resets to 3% on €1k after 12 months you can transfer the monies into one of the later opened accounts to earn higher interest.

Reactions: WGT
Thanks,
What do you mean it resets to 3% on €1k after 12 months?
Do you mean that you don’t get the 3% applied to the full balance?
Or after 12 months you are only allowed to transfer up to €1k?

The AIB Saver account pays 3% interest on up to €1K in the first month, up to €2K in the second month...etc. After 11 months its paying 3% on up to €12K. After 12 months the sum on which 3% interest is paid reverts back to €1K and it starts over again going up €1K each month.

Have a look at the best buy threads

There are a couple of options that allow for more than €1k a month. You could open a couple of accounts and feed them that way.

Most regular savers accounts attract variable rates of interest so there is little extra benefit over say lump sum accounts, especially when some of the latter offer better rates (for now).

Back