Sauter 3 port valve not working, what to replace it with, advice anyone?

Effie

My sauter 3 port valve on my central heating system no longer works and I can only get hot water and no heating.

Given that this is now the second time that a valve has stopped working , and they can be quite costly to replace , would anyone in the know suggest which would be the better long tern choice, get manual valves installed or get another sauter valve to replace the broken one?

The best and most reliable ones on the market are Myson zone valves. Sauter are notoriously unreliable.

Thanks Shane.
I am very suprised about the Sauter as their replacement valve has a 5 year guarantee on it.

Do you know if the Myson has the same numbers of wires and colour coding as the Sauter ? (My first one was a Danfoss and I had endless issues with it have differnent wiring to the Sauter and it took several plumbers months to eventually get it working properly)

They are wired the same. You will have a neutral, switched live in (from thermostat), a permanent live and a switched live out to the boiler/circulating pump. The colour coding maybe dissimilar however, the M.I. will tell you what each one is. White is normally not used unless you wish to wire it to Normally Open (NO) position. It is usually just used on 3 port valves.

I have replaced as many Myson valves as any other, the majority all have 'motor' issues (which all seem to use the same type) and most can have the motors replaced (about €15)

As the OP said, the 5 year warranty on the actuator seems pretty good to me. And the fact the new sauters are 'plug & play' the customer can exchange them in 1 minute with no electrical work required (just plug it out and plug the new on in!)

Back