Sat Nav for travelling Canada

Paulsgirl

Hi,

We're going to hire out a 4x4 to travel the Rockies in Canada this summer. I have a SAT Nav that has maps of USA and Canada but unsure whether to bring it or not. Does anyone know if the 4x4's would come with a sat nav as standard in them?

Just don't want to be carrying any unecessary luggage is all.

Thank you,

Paulsgirl.

Hire drive cars are usually a basic model. They usually charge extra for a sat nav. But one call to the rental company will confirm that for you.

If it were me, I would bring the sat nav. If nothing else, it will come in handy when you are out walking/hiking.

Where abouts are you heading to? We did 2 trips around the Rockies between BC and AB - lucky you heading off! Any room in your suitcase for 1 more???

We are heading into Vancouver, then an Alaskan Cruise, back to Vancouver, up through the Rockies, flying out of Calgary to Vegas and on home :) Cannot wait.

Great, I think I will bring the Sat Nav now. My hubby just wanted to hire one but I'd rather have my own if they don't come as standard. Thank you!

Paulsgirl,

Hope your trip went well! Can I ask if ye booked the trip yourselves or through an agents. Hoping to do a similar trip later this year and trying to get the best deal available. Did ye book the car hire yourselves and if so could you send me on details? Thanks

Back