Sanna Marin video - why the big fuss?

Which one is she - the one with all the moves or the glasses?

I guess it's the former and suggest that instead of having a leaders' debate pre-election here, we should instead hold some sort of dancing competition. I understand that the research suggests that it's a more effective device for the electorate. For sure, Peggy Sue (aka Mary Lou) can talk the talk but can she really dance the dance?

I wonder at what age is one not allowed to party any more (he asked nervously).

Again, the research is unequivocal.

Let X equal LD's current age.
Age which partying must cease = X - 2
Sorry for being so blunt, mate but I'm afraid the game is up for you.....

"She's 36. She's allowed to party."

I wonder at what age is one not allowed to party any more (he asked nervously).
I guess over time you lose bounce-backability! And then it affects your job.

Also, in relation to this specific video... isn't she a bit I dunno, intense, in the videos. Like she might drop kick a Moomin.

Last edited:
I guess over time you lose bounce-backability! And then it affects your job.

True and if there was any evidence that she was partying hard several nights a week and then stumbling into parliament late the following morning, fair enough. But one video, which seems to be undated and might even have predated her getting the top job?

Also, in relation to this specific video... isn't she a bit I dunno, intense, in the videos. Like she might drop kick a Moomin.

That was my only initial reaction. The moves were a little bit cringey - the lad in the nightclub at 3 a.m. who thinks he's John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, but really isn't. But then two words came into my mind. Teresa. May.

I also, yet again, thanked my good fortune that my days of "dancing" in clubs or at parties were mostly before everyone had cameras on their phones. I don't think even Leo would be able to excuse that.

(Still giggling at "drop kick a Moomin"... :D)

Didn't we have a big "to do" a few years ago when Brian Cowan was "tired and emotional" on national radio after a Fianna Fail bash a few years ago.

It's only an issue for 2 reasons
  1. Did it impact on her ability to do her job?
  2. Were illegal drugs taken and was she aware of this?

Is there really a big fuss though?

The Finnish political opposition has (unsurprisingly) tried to make a thing of it and the media has reported this but the general commentary seems to be that she’s entitled to a couple of scoops the same as anyone else.

There is clearly nothing wrong with a 36 year old making whoopee legally.
There is nothing wrong with a toddler sucking a soother.
But if you saw your PM sucking a soother you would be excused for thinking toddlers should not have such high office.
Similarly if you see your PM making whoopee you can be excused for thinking 36 year olds should not be PM.

There is clearly nothing wrong with a 36 year old making whoopee legally.
There is nothing wrong with a toddler sucking a soother.
But if you saw your PM sucking a soother you would be excused for thinking toddlers should not have such high office.
Similarly if you see your PM making whoopee you can be excused for thinking 36 year olds should not be PM.

I disagree. Having a few jars and a dance with your mates in the (supposed) privacy of a party at someone's home is very much an adult pursuit.

What will Mary Lou get up to when she takes the hot seat? SM or MS*?

*Marlene Schiappa

Back