San Fran

S

Stephenkelly

Hi All,

Heading to San Fran in at the end of May for a week. Hotels I have looked at seem expensive so far. Can anyone recommend somewhere thet is clean and sade for a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance

First off, whatever you do, don't refer to the place as San Fran or 'Frisco to the locals - apparently they hate it.

Whenever I'm there I always stay at the Holiday Inn Express at Fishersmans Wharf, it's about 70 euro per night which is v reasonable and is comfortable, and v well located with breakfast included! Have fun its a great city.

Sheraton at Fisherman's Wharf used to be about €120 a night. Depending on your plans and nightlife, there are often cheap deals on hotels near the airport. Some of these have ease of access to the BART train which will have you in downtown 'Frisco (ahemmmm..) in 30 minutes.

If you plan to hire a car and tour around to wine country or Silicon Valley / Gilroy, it might not be necessary to stay downtown.

Thanks Melf - Caveat i lived there for three years - I just dont have much experience with hotles. I think you will find that the locals do refer to it as Frisco.

Just booked the Sir Frances Drake - Anyone stayed there?

Stayed across the road from it in the Chancellor, but popped into the Francis Drake for a drink - beautiful looking hotel - but the drink was bloody expensive - $22 for a heineken and glass of red wine.

S.B.

Back