Samsung 26" v Samsung 32"

justsally

Been looking at the above. The price quoted for the 32" is lower than that quoted for the 26". The salesman said "that's because the 32" is more popular"!!!!!!:confused: Is that a sales pitch? Which would be the best buy for picture clarity etc. Both specs seem to be much the same.

Advice appreciated.

JS

if both specs are the same and a 32" is not too big for your room go for the 32" I would suspect that the spec on the 26" will be higher if the price is higher than a 32"

Thanks for the replies. Here are the TVs I've been looking at where the price difference exists:-

[broken link removed]

Probably sounds crazy just wondered if the real price might be reflected in the cost of a suitable wall mount. Perhaps I'd have to pay a lot more for the 32" size wall bracket (mount), but I'm prepared to hunt around for that.

Again, advice appreciated.

I had a look and there really is no difference between the two (the 32 modell has 10 Watt speakers vs 5 Watt in the 26 model). You should enquire about viewing angles though, there is no info anywhere on this.
Personally I'd go for the 32 inch one - I recently upgraded from 28 to 32 and am very happy. If you want to read a bit more about the models you're thinking of, check out this Samsung B450 owners thread but if I was you I would probably throw in another 30 Euros and go for this one LE32B530-SAMSUNG 32" 1080P SPEC IAL, it's almost impossible to get specs for this, but it's not unlike the other two, but is full HD and has a lot of movie and picture enhancing options in addition. (again lots of happy campers here)
Re brackets - I picked one up from DID for my 32 inch there a couple of weeks ago and it was around 70 Euros, but you could probably get a better deal online, I just didn't want to wait.
If you go with the 26 inch after all - that one is 20 Euro cheaper in powercity (online price).

Hi,

Your replies have been extremely helpful. I'm in the process of checking out that site for the wall mount/bracket. Apparently I need a "double arm bracket" as I want to swing it in and out from a corner position:(.. long story. So I'm going to do my homework.

I've now taken up the suggestion and gone for the LE32B530. I had looked at that model but I got lazy. The spec on the DID indicated "HD ready" but on the comparison page it indicated "full HD", now as a result of your advice I've phoned DID and they have acknowledged that their site info wasn't accurate - it is in fact "full HD" as you stated.

Thanks again to one and all for helping to brighten my Saturday morning.:)

I have three Samsung TV's and am very happy with them. If there are many more 32" than 26" units made and sold the the story on price sounds true (economies of scale).

Back