Sale agreed timeline - contracts already drawn up

nanoberry

I've just gone sale agreed on an apartment (a receiver sale), which was previously very close to closing with another buyer who dropped out at the last minute. The estate agent has told me that the contracts have already been drawn up for the previous buyer and so he expects that closing should be fast. I'm wondering what the best case scenario in terms of timeframes might be on closing the sale. (I'm aware that best case scenario is probably completely unrealistic as the receivers have been very slow thus far but humour me!) If everything went as smoothly as possible what is the shortest timeframe you could expect to get the keys?

I closed on my house in 5 weeks earlier this year which I believe is the norm for a straight forward sale. However no matter what the estate agent says things are never in order when it comes to receiver sales, I won't guess at how long yours will take but safe to say it will be longer than a non receiver sale.

Good chance the last person pulled out cause of issues with title etc or some delay from the bank that appointed the receiver.

Back