sale agreed on property that went into receivership

david mc

Hi all,

About 5 months ago we went sale agreed on property that we loved. After 5 or 6 weeks from going sale agreed we signed are side of the contract and payed the deposit to a developer solicitor and my solicitor send the contract over to them so they could sign it on there side.

After 5 weeks there no contract signed from there side. Then we found out that 1 of the 3 partners in developer's company's the owners of the property went bankrupt in the uk.

So we are have been waiting with no house and no contract signed for the last 5 months.

Has anyone been in similar situation or know what he best way to tackle this as uk receivers are involved in the mess now

Walk away. You have no signed Contract- you're free to pull out.

It sounds like a right mess. It might work out. Or it might not. If you do decide to sit tight and await an outcome.

mf

Hi,
Yeah I know its a mess all right. But with rising house prices in Dublin Im forced to be push out more and more country, which ends up longer travel to get home and I don't want to do that.

Also im limited to how much I can get from the bank too and Dublin is becoming far to expensive to afford to go searching again

I've choice but to wait I think.

Back