Safe haven for my PRSA

Minnie

I am 55 my non standard PRSA is invested in higher risk funds 5 *5 and top tech 100 with zurich. I now need to move monies >100k to a safe haven - I will probably go for an annuity at 60 but am finding it hard to find safe haven with Zurich choices, can I move to another prsa provider ? Or would active fixed income be a good choice? Many thanks for any advice.

You are still exposed to movements in the bond market in the active fixed income fund but it is certainly a lot less than your current exposure. Cash, is of course, the least volatile but there are no returns on that fund. So if you want security, you have to trade off for growth.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Hi Steven
Thank you for your reply. Its seems difficult to maintain the pot as it is because of maintenance fees and inflation. Do you know if I can move this sum to another PRSA provider as the choices with Zurich are quite slim or can I put it in another pension vehicle?

Insurance companies have the same range of funds, so I wouldn't see much point in switching provider. If you want to maintain the real value, you will have to take an element of risk with your investment. You can mix and match the percentage in each fund, so maybe have some cash and a reduced equity holding? (this is not advice, I haven't run any figures on this).

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back