Ryanair summer sale 2023.

SlugBreath

I see that Ryanair have a Hot Spots summer sale on today.

Yesterday I was pricing flights to Alicante for May and they were €62.99. In their sale today they are €64.49. A price increase.

The return flight was €93. Today €93.

Ryanair can somehow see black as white!

I have spent a month trying to get a confirmation letter from them to say my return flight to Cork on 16th September was cancelled. Yesterday at last came the confirmation letter... to confirm I took the flight from Cork on 9th....
No mention of the cancelled flight because it didn't happen, of course.

Yesterday I was pricing flights to Alicante for May and they were €62.99. In their sale today they are €64.49. A price increase.

I presume the costs will have risen by summer next year, usually you cannot get flight prices for summer until Jan

I presume the costs will have risen by summer next year, usually you cannot get flight prices for summer until Jan
Of course you can. I was able to make a booking yesterday to Alicante for next summer if I wanted.

I have already booked summer flights to Nice.

Today. The prices have changed again. Outward they have gone from €62.99 to €64.99 and now €67.99.

Return prices have gone from €93 to €97.

Very important when pricing flights to do so with Skyscanner or similar. When you go into the Ryanair website to get a price and do so again a few times over the next few days/weeks they see this as that particular destination becoming popular and then increase prices. Getting the price through Skyscanner avoids this.

A sale presumably doesn't mean that EVERY flight is discounted.
So checking just one route (in a particular timeframe I presume?) isn't really a good sample on which to draw conclusions.

Also the price is not the same for every seat, so when x are purchased at sale price the next batch are a higher price.

Obviously on popular routes then you could have large number now sold, check day either side to see if prices closer to original sale price.

I have checked the prices for three routes - Italy, Spain and Portugal - all are dearer than last week.

A sale presumably doesn't mean that EVERY flight is discounted.
I know I've been doing this a long time. I have about 5 routes I check and track, currently. They will probably discount these back to their original price on their Black Friday Sale which should be along soon. A big slash mark through their current price and what looks like a much cheaper price beneath.

Lots of people thinking that they are getting a bargain.

Today. The prices have changed again. Outward they have gone from €62.99 to €64.99 and now €67.99.

Return prices have gone from €93 to €97.
You do realise that this is what happens with every airline as seats are bought? Prices typically increase as supply reduces.

You do realise that this is what happens with every airline as seats are bought? Prices typically increase as supply reduces.
Seats for summer 2023 have not sold yet. If you have a look at the available seats to purchase, there are multiple seats on offer on every flight. Also, many prices will drop as various "sales" entice people to buy, then rise again to show people that they have missed out on the lower price. This brings in a few more punters who don't want to miss out further. Only to drop again.

It really is a question of timing. That is, if you are bothered.

It really is a question of timing. That is, if you are bothered.

Exactly.

I booked my return flights to Faro (for next September) last week. I was happy at the cost of the flights (same as last year), reserved my preferred seats and now know my travel dates so can reserve my preferred accommodation and I'm not particularly concerned at whether the seat prices rise or fall by a few euro during the next nine or ten months!

My son, on the other hand, plans to join us in Tenerife during our three-week stay in February and is flexible about travel dates so will be checking the prices every day so he can grab himself a bargain - and he doesn't care what seat he sits in! This strategy worked very well for him last winter!

Whatever about summer prices, I'm having a look at the Canaries for 2 weeks at the end of this month. Nothing close to a bargain in our recession. Nice hotel with B/B and close to a beach coming in at around €2,500. 00 for 2 ould wans. :confused:

I contacted a hotel in France. They wanted €915 for a weeks stay, bed and breakfast by booking direct with the reception. You could cancel.

By Booking through Booking.com the exact same stay was €890. You could cancel.

By booking direct online with the head office of the hotel chain, the same stay was €580 with payment upfront and no availability to cancel.

You need to have your wits about you.

I notice that Aer Lingus prices are way up on last year. Had been considering flying to Athens with them in July but the prices are way too high so I have changed my plans.

I am tracking a few Ryanair flights for Spring/Summer 2023. The only movement on prices at the moment is upwards.

It may be cheaper to use a travel agent again rather than a DIY job.

Back