Ryanair Stansted-Dublin Thurs 2nd Dec

Baggie

The Dublin flight before mine went off OK and then ours started to be delayed. Next thing is the three flights after ours to Dublin are cancelled. Ours is going ahead - a surprise as the announcer said the cancellations were because 'Dublin airport is closed'.

Like a fool I didn't smell a rat until we were boarded and the Captain announced we were going to Kerry!

A five and a half hour coach journey got us back to Dublin for midnight. Apparently it was cheaper to fly to Kerry rather than the nearer Shannon!

Only Mick O'Leary gets away with this.

PS Anyone know the Ombudsman details for aviation?

Aer Lingus

its not just Ryanair. Aer Lingus pulled a similar stunt on a Dublin flight from Amsterdam yesterday.And yes they should have cancelled the flight. Instead they held a few hundred people on the plane, sitting on the runway in Schipol, for approx 6 hours. Before flying to Cork. There was no food and the toilets werent working. Coaches were provided to bring the plane load of passengers to Dublin. Aer Lingus couldnt wash their hands fast enough.

Maybe I'm missing the point here but if it was a case of getting home, I'd prefer to get to my destination one way or another in this weather....

O.P. Dublin Airport was closed due to snow. Even MoL can't be blamed for that.

So, instead, without too much delay at Stansted, you got flown to Kerry with a coach transfer to dublin ..at Ryanair's expence I assume

What do you mean "only MoL could get away with this ".
With what ? Getting you back to Dublin 6,7 hours late, when thousands have been stuck for over a day trying to get from or to Dublin.

......and you want to complain to the ombudsman ? because Ryanair should have flown you to Shannon instead ?-

I keep reading the OP and wonder if I've gone mad or missed something.

Scenario 1:
The Dublin flight before mine went off OK and then ours started to be delayed. Next thing is the three flights after ours to Dublin are cancelled. Ours is going ahead - a surprise as the announcer said the cancellations were because 'Dublin airport is closed'.

Like a fool I didn't smell a rat until we were boarded and the Captain announced we were going to Kerry!

A five and a half hour coach journey got us back to Dublin for midnight. Apparently it was cheaper to fly to Kerry rather than the nearer Shannon!

Only Mick O'Leary gets away with this.

PS Anyone know the Ombudsman details for aviation?

Scenario 2: Dublin airport is closed,Ryanair cancel all flights that were due to land in Dublin and everyone waits in Stanstead until Dublin re-opens.

My choice would be the 1st scenario.

I wonder what the folks trapped in Spain over the weekend would think of the OP? I'd take the trip home no matter what.

I keep reading the OP and wonder if I've gone mad or missed something.

Doubt it. Just the usual Ryanair bashing combined with the Irish trait of looking for any and all angles through which to blame someone.

Back