Ryanair priority boarding query

STEINER

I understand that Ryanair are trialling seat reservations at the moment on selected routes. When you reserve a specific seat on a flight it comes with priority boarding. But then there are people with just priority boarding and no seat reservations. Anyone any idea how this works?

Whats to stop the following scenario:

one person gets on plane with priority boarding and sits in a nice emergency aisle seat. person with reserved seating gets on plane and says thats actually my reserved seat. meanwhile everyone else is piling on in the scrum and the 1st guy ends up sitting anywhere.

Presumably any reserved seating would be marked with a sticker or something so that someone wouldnt sit there?

I'd imagine they'll have three queues, one for reserved seating, one for priority boarding and the last for everyone else. A lot of American continental airlines use three queues already (for different reasons) so it's not impossible.

Hi STEINER, we recently flew Dublin to Malaga which offers this reserved seating option.

If you choose to reserve a seat you get Priority booking and when you get on teh plane the seats that are allocated for the possibility of booking have reserved papers taped to them. If no one has booked these seats (first row and emergency rows) these remain empty - even priority customs can't sit in them.

Was a bit daft.

addob

Hi STEINER, we recently flew Dublin to Malaga which offers this reserved seating option.

If you choose to reserve a seat you get Priority booking and when you get on teh plane the seats that are allocated for the possibility of booking have reserved papers taped to them. If no one has booked these seats (first row and emergency rows) these remain empty - even priority customs can't sit in them.

Was a bit daft.

addob
ok thanks for that, I booked seats last May when the reserve option wasnt available, but if I was booking today that option is available.

I would imagine that you would also have to be there when priority is called as Ryanair are not shy about calling in the main queue just as the prioirty is complete. I can still see problems with this when someone does the 'last minute dash'.

Back