Ryanair Palma, 2 apples confiscated (extra handluggage), McDonalds & Duty Free allowe

Apparently Ryanair now sell a Ryanair branded bag which is the maximum allowable size. This is a no-brainer for them, they will sell many of these bags and it makes it very easy for customers.

I'm not 100% certain about this, a friend told me.

edited to add..
found the following on the following link,

Independent said:
Ryanair has teamed up with Samonsite to create a soft-sided carry-on bag that complies with their carry-on size restrictions (55cm x 40cm x 20cm) and is decked out in the navy and yellow of the airline.

The key here is that it's 'soft-sided', so if you pack too much and it expands, you may well go over the size limit, or even the 15kg allowance, and then you're back to paying.

I disagree with the soft sided comment a little, you are permitted by Ryanair to squash the bag into the metal container, and in practice I think they'll allow Ryanair bags on with no testing.

Apparently the bag is 79 Euro, which seems expensive but maybe the bag is high quality and warrants the price.

Unreal! few years back we were departing from Murcia Spain, they screwed me on a few Kilos over in our actual checkin luggage, and I had to pay about 140 Euro before they would give me my Bpass. We any many many others were dumping stuff left right and centre at the bins like older clothes etc. When we went through security, by now the queue had formed at the dept gate and all we saw were folks with very very large handluggae bags, one guy was even holding one of those body boards for surfing! No one stopped any of them. Thats why I fly Aer Lingus now as I work 50 weeks of the year and dont need stress for the 2 weeks I look forward to each year.

I read it was a Michelle O'Lairy from somewhere in Westmeath...think their idea was quite similar to yours!

Flying from Dublin to Bergamo last week the Ryanair staff were walking along the queue checking every bag to see if it was outside the correct measurements. A number of Italian teenagers had to pay a fee due to their bags not fitting in to the cardboard measuring box.
On the way back to Dublin, Bergamo airport had someone checking all bags before you went through security as you stood in the queue. I saw someone having to put a bottle of water they were carrying in to their carry on suitcase.

I think you'll find in a few months you'll have wasted that money, when they reduce the dimensions by another cm :)

Back