Ryanair flight 2 small kids??

kerbs

Hi there
We havent been travelling in ages and are due to go on a ryanair flight on wed. morning... We have a young baby and a small infant (over 2) - what is the story with baggage allowance?
Is it true that you are only allowed carry 1 bag - not even a hand bag anymore?
Also saw other thread on pushchairs - presume we will be ok as can claim it is the babies?? Also 100ml restriction on liquids- what to do re babies bottles??

Mid week travel with small kids should be fine. The buggy is included in the €10.00 fair for the child.

Baby's bottles are fine going through security.If you haven't paid for checked in luggage then you can carry two 15 kg bags as hand luggage(one for you and one for the over two). Enjoy your break and don't panic!

Vandriver - thats not correct....hand luggage is 10kg per person (over 2) so you will be allowed 3 * 10kg bags on board (which ain't easy with 2 small kids....it's great when they are big enough to pull their own bags though!!)

You're not allowed double up allowances into one bag

I travelled alone recently with 1 under two and 1 over two. I had 1 buggy, a sling and 2 hand luggage under 10 kgs (1 with wheels that the 3 year old could pull but not carry). I paid extra for priority seating and took loads of food, snacks and toys for a 1 hour flight (bought water at airport). I also paid for 1 check in bag as I couldn't carry everything and manage 2 kids. If you have another person you can take an extra 10kg bag and get them to carry everything. The other passengers were very helpful which was nice. I'd definitely recommend a sling to carry the baby, even just to get up and down the aircraft steps. My hand luggage was a large handbag but you can put stuff in the bottom of the buggy if you're a little bit over. I had the jackets and coats stuffed in there until I got to the aircraft steps.

I have not been able to do online checkin for Ryanair flights with my under-2year old, so I presume you've paid your €10 per person checkin fee?

Assuming you have paid for checked luggage, if you feel you are approaching your baggage limit, stick the cases on a weighing scales before leaving and take stuff out if the cases are over. You will be charged if you are at all over - no discussion.

Paying for extra things with Ryanair is not much fun. Make sure that you have paid all your little fees and charges before you go to avoid having to halt going to the gate while queuing at Ryanair customer service to pay the extra charges.

Go early, early, early. There's a lot of hanging around, but airports and the excitement of travel are interesting for youngsters, plus you'll be thanking yourselves that you aren't in a panic to make it in time.

I've gone through security recently with bottles of water for the child and other things that I thought they might pull me up on, but they did not. Don't assume its okay to carry all sorts through tho - I've heard various reports good and bad about instances where people were let or not let carry liquids etc., through security.

Ryanair do not call passengers with children to board first. I believe the priority boarding thing is a take on, so just be ready to board promptly so that you can get seated together. People won't push you out of the way, but you won't be treated any differently to other passengers. Ryanair flights tend to be quite full too.

Try and bring your biscuits and treats for the children yourself. The onboard selection is very limited and expensive.

Finally, Ryanair have recently changed their coffee supplier, so once you're in the air and everything's done and dusted, get yourselves a cup of 'parents' aid' and it'll taste not too bad!

Back