Ryanair checkin for two flights for me, will only take one

AndroidMan

I need to go to an all day event in the UK on a Sunday.
I booked outgoing and return Ryanair flight on the same day.
I may change my mind at the last minute and stay with family, so as a precaution, so I also booked a return for the Monday (very cheap flight)

What if I check in online on the Saturday afternoon for my return on the Sunday but then change my mind and take the Monday afternoon flight?
Is that a problem, or is it just considered a no-show for the flight, its already paid for and I just lose the money.

I would also check in on the Sunday for the Monday flight, so at a point in time, I could be booked on two return flights.
How will the "system" handle that?

Not sure if there is a cancel option once you check in online?

Yeah, I am sure its fine, but I would have checked in for two flights at the same time, I am just concerned that if I am a no show for one, it will impact the other booking somehow.

If you've booked them separately, and have two different booking references, there shouldn't be a problem.

I would check the small print. My gut feeling is that it should be fine, but ‘should be fine’ and Ryanair sometimes aren’t comfortable bedfellows. There might be some obscure rule, for example, which means you shouldn’t check-in for the Monday flight until you’ve ‘missed’ the Sunday one. Or maybe you shouldn’t check-in for the Sunday one until the last minute if you end up taking it? It’s probably fine, but with Ryanair I would never assume. If there’s an angle to get you, they will.

Thats exactly my concern @Gordon Gekko.
One booking was a return and the other a one way, separate booking refs.
Will try and read up on it, but no doubt the small print is very lengthy and jargon-filled!

I'm fairly certain there'd be no issue. It's not the same scenario, but my gf is a nervous flyer & a few months ago it was a windy day, she checked in at the gate , got as far as the steps of the plane, realised how blustery it was & said 'im not getting on this ' , turned around and went back into the airport. The Ryanair staff weren't sure what to do, so took a photo of her boarding card. She then bought another tkt for 4 hours later, when it was less windy. When she got to the gate the 2nd boarding pass wouldn't scan, but they let her on anyway.

I'm fairly certain there'd be no issue. It's not the same scenario, but my gf is a nervous flyer & a few months ago it was a windy day, she checked in at the gate , got as far as the steps of the plane, realised how blustery it was & said 'im not getting on this ' , turned around and went back into the airport. The Ryanair staff weren't sure what to do, so took a photo of her boarding card. She then bought another tkt for 4 hours later, when it was less windy. When she got to the gate the 2nd boarding pass wouldn't scan, but they let her on anyway.
That anecdote would make me more worried!

Last edited:
By checking in at the gate and then effectively refusing to fly, she probably,, totally unwittingly, got herself classed as a major security risk.

you won't have an issue. Did similar last year on a Birmingham flight and there was a tentative meeting schedule for the evening if two others could make it. I had a 7pm flight and an early morning flight booked and was checked in on both. Meeting went ahead and I just turned up for the 8am flight.

Back