Rush

A

amerritt

Hi - I'm considering moving to Rush and I'm a stay at home mum with 2 boys - one a baby, one at pre-school. What's around Rush for kids? Are there good pre-school nurserys/montessoris? What's the best primary school in Rush and what's the catchment area for that school?

Looking forward to getting some tips!

Thanks

Hi Amerritt

Where you not thinking of moving to skerries originally? Did it not work out?

Regards

Hizzy

Well spotted! We're trying to find somewhere to rent in the area and finding it hard to find something suitable in Skerries. So we're broadening our search! Any experience of Rush?

Hi Amerritt

Unfortunately I don't, but having done a search on the net, it seems to be a nice town.

What kind of property are you looking for?

Regards

Hizzy

Looking for a 4 bed detached house with a decent bit of garden.

Hi Ameritte,

I moved to Rush about 2 yrs ago and love it. Its a great village. Although not as busy or serviced as Skerries as you probably know, but its only 10 mins drive away.

There are great schools there too and also creche facilities if required. We have a 14 month old daughter and she's in a great creche with great pre-school nurserys/montessoris facilities. There are about 3 creches located around the village.

I find the community lovely to be in. Local shop staff all very pleasant and helpfull. Community spirit is great. There is also a fantastic new Health Centre. The Rush Doctors is OK, but we use the new Windmill Medical Centre in Skerries which is great.

They have also just opened the new Scoil Ros (Irish School) in Rush, and there are two other primary/secondary schools within the village.

Also umlike Skerries if you are near the village you have access to two beaches - which is greast for kids.

Restaurant and bars arre good, but again for something nicer Skerries is only 10 mins away.

TBH after living in Dublin City and suburbs for years I thought living out this far would be a challenge. It's not - its best move we've ever made and has given us a great sense of family and community.

40 mins on the train from city centre and you're away from everything and experiencing a little bit of the 'country' and the choice of beaches. Not bad!

Rush is a nice little town, a bit overdeveloped in recent years but tolerable enough. It certainly has it all in terms of location, on the sea and with frequent rail service from the (nearby) Rush/Lusk station.
The town has one little hidden gem -- a small theatre with a constant stream of locally produced plays. If you pass Blakes Cross you will often see signs on the verge advertising the latest offering. I pass there relatively frequently and there seems to be a constant turnover of new shows. I was tempted about a year ago and I made the trip to see "Da", great night out in pleasant surroundings. Not the Abbey, but friendly and entertaining.

Back