RTB website issues

I finally managed to sign up last week after trying over a few months. I emailed them, I talked over their chat... I had already a registration number so asked through the system to find it. Didn't work, they are supposed to come back to me within 10 days.

The new iteration is a Porche compared to previous Lada versions.....and even that is soviet in design circa 1998.

If you think the website is bad do not ring up and ask them questions, their answers are invariably wrong....badly wrong.

The new iteration is a Porche compared to previous Lada versions.....and even that is soviet in design circa 1998.

If you think the website is bad do not ring up and ask them questions, their answers are invariably wrong....badly wrong.

We had no problem registering a tenancy in 2020ish - now it seems impossible to renew. Email sent, let’s see how long it takes for them to reply!

I finally managed to sign up last week after trying over a few months. I emailed them, I talked over their chat... I had already a registration number so asked through the system to find it. Didn't work, they are supposed to come back to me within 10 days.

Such an unnecessary rigmarole - it shouldn’t be this difficult!

I was 4 months trying to renew a tenancy, there was a part about the management company that I could not get past. Kept on getting an error. I was back and forth via email but to no avail. Eventually I called them and waited an hour on hold eventually getting to talk to someone who was very helpful. Once I told her where I was running into the problem she fixed it immediately and I could register without an issue paying €90. €50 was for late registration but I didn’t care as was just relieved to the registration done. A month later I was refunded the €50 late fee anyway. So the problem was the Web site and not me.

I am almost a year trying to get them to find my rented property from their crazy IT system. I have given them the RT No but they cannot locate it on their system. I have spent over 10 hours on the phone in the past year trying to sort it out with them. I was given a myriad of promises that it would be sorted out and uploaded to my account. I no longer ring them but send a reminder by email on a monthly basis asking for an update but reminding them that I will not be paying any late fees and that the emails are for proof of same.
I have written correspondence from them dated over 2 years ago with the RT No acknowledging the payment for the property. It is now up to them to sort out this matter. I am sick and tired of it and all the lies that I have been told. I will not be paying any penalties and that is for sure

Yes, they and their website are truly appalling and cost six or seven million a year to run.

I have other properties for which I can access on my account with them. There is just one property which is causing the problem. It would be another problem if I send them paperwork and the RT No and they writing back that there is no such property which was one of the myriad of excuses that were given to me over the phone having given the Eircode and RT No.
I appreciate what you are saying DannyBoyD.

I intend to make an issue of this with them going into the future and I am doing it by email as a record for the future. I have gotten replies that it is being forwarded to on high within the organisation. Maybe it got as far as the " Chief " on the day he was up meeting the TD's and explaining how chaotic the RTB as an organisation is. At least he admitted it in fairness to him.

I sent a simple query to their email a few days ago. Got back automated reply
"We endeavour to respond to your query within 21 working days."
That's crazy.. I have written to them in the past and it would take around 7 days to get a reply.

It seems the online dispute application is no longer available now either - I don't know if that's temporary or what. Seems they're accepting only paper disputes for now. (I'd love to know the reason for this).

I sent a simple query to their email a few days ago. Got back automated reply
"We endeavour to respond to your query within 21 working days."
That's crazy.. I have written to them in the past and it would take around 7 days to get a reply.

It seems the online dispute application is no longer available now either - I don't know if that's temporary or what. Seems they're accepting only paper disputes for now. (I'd love to know the reason for this).
Sent an email with numerous complaints to their customer service on 19th January having exhausted all other avenues open to register tenants since last June/July, webchat, phone calls, online registration etc.
Automated reply saying to expect response in 28 days despite the fact their own customer charter says 15 days.
I am still awaiting a reply.!!!
Also still waiting for late fee payments taken last August to be refunded along with a cheque sent on 24th October cashed 31st December but they are unable to find the registration and have repeatedly suggested they will raise a question on the cashed cheque.

Wonder who exactly are the RTB answerable to? as when I am lucky enough to finally get through to them after maybe holding on for sn hour or so there is never a manager available to speak to.

I personally have had nothing but problems with them since these new registrations came on board but rarely ever had an issue before last June.

"I finally managed to sign up last week after trying over a few months. I emailed them, I talked over their chat... I had already a registration number so asked through the system to find it. Didn't work, they are supposed to come back to me within 10 days."

More than 10 days have now passed. They didn't come back to me. I am going to take my pen and paper...

Call them, accept you will be on hold for an hour or so, and talk to someone.
Post, email or webchat are useless.

Talking to them after a long wait unless it is very simple can be useless as well. Some of the operators on the phone lines can be a mine of wrong information and false promises.

Back