Royal Wedding

No. Just that particular woman. ;) I'll very happily sleep in the passenger seat when my wife or my sister are at the wheel.

But back to the thread. Will they arrest the Crown Prince of Bahrain should he present himself at the party?

Oh bother! I've just read on the web that the Crown Prince of Bahrain has pulled out. Well that's a free spot at the table so Liz could now invite Gaddafi (who just might be nuts enough to turn up!).

Nothing like a good trial for mass murder to get the blood going in the morning.

Just spotted on the sky TV guide last night that both RTE1 and TV3 are showing the wedding - so there's no need to get caught up in the Sky News technology-fest or the (usually) fawning commentary by the Beeb....unless you want to of course!

TV3 said on Ireland AM yesterday that they did a survey (did not say the sample size) and that 100% of Irish people surveyed said that they were not taking time off work to watch the wedding, 20% said they would watch a few minutes of it on a news channel at some stage of the day and 100% of people said they would not marry into the British Royal family.

Given the above - its a bit surprising that both RTE and TV3 are showing the wedding!

TV3 said on Ireland AM yesterday that they did a survey (did not say the sample size) and that 100% of Irish people surveyed said that they were not taking time off work to watch the wedding, 20% said they would watch a few minutes of it on a news channel at some stage of the day and 100% of people said they would not marry into the British Royal family.

Given the above - its a bit surprising that both RTE and TV3 are showing the wedding!

Well that survey has at least restored a bit of my faith in the Irish populous.

I find Irish people fawning over that British Royal family one of the most cringeworthy events I could ever imagine to witness.

Given their history in this country I am shocked that anyone has a good word to say about these sponging parasites.

I can't imagine anyone taking a day off work to watch it but I will definitely catch it on the news later in the day and will be really interested to see her dress. There's just something about pomp and ceremony done on that level that I find appealing. Maybe it's just how seeped in tradition the whole thing is - the horses, the guardsmen, the princesses, the grandeur...I don't know but I'm keen to see some of it.

My mother will be glued to it. She can't wait.

It would be a brave instructor, or one nearing the end of his career, who would fail him. So probably he flies a helicopter like my ex-girlfriend drove a car.

Given that women are generally safer and more sensible drivers then men and cause less accidents, I presume you are implying that William is an excellent top notch pilot:rolleyes:

Given that women are generally safer and more sensible drivers then men and cause less accidents,

Oh Mpsox.... This is not true at all !!

Men receive higher average payouts than women when it comes to claims through the Personal Injuries Assessment Board (PIAB), but women make more claims.

Women accounted for 53pc off all motor claims processed through the PIAB

http://claims.ie/index.php?id=93

and

Males and females between the ages of 20 and 35 run almost identical risks. Females over the age of 35, however, are significantly more likely to crash than their male counterparts
from here

What time is it happening?

I will definitely watch some/a lot of it. Coffee and croissants and maybe some chocolates will be arranged for a select few. :)

I loved the T-mobile parody - first spotted on AAM.

But I will be looking out for the dresses + her dress, the hats/more likely fascinators (minus the feathers), the celebs, the Irish fashion.

Louise Kennedy has dressed a number of ladies apparently - Amy in pink to name just one.

Marion

I have to say I'm kinda looking forward to it! :eek: Mrs F loves that kind of thing and we got talking about it last night. Think it would be great for England if they were King & Queen in the next 10 years (when they're still young). Not sure how KM will handle the 24x7 paparazzi though, but the royal family should have learnt a lot from Diana. I wish them well.

It's not when it's starting that I care about, it's when will it be all over, and all the forelock tugging, scraping, gushing and fawning end. At least for a while. Look, I wish them well they seem like decent enough people altho they have noting other than fame to make em stand out. But this is such a demeaning spectacle. Thousands camped out, millions glued to TV's, people flying in to watch it. Those people are particularly sad. Somehow or other their lives are so empty they have latched onto this royal soapshow. It's cringeable, just cringable.

I'd say the public reaction is more justifiable to this wedding than it is to the faux celebrity weddings that get hyped.

However, I think it is an important day if only because of the precedent it has set in the UK for weddings of those who live off the state.

It's cringeable, just cringable.

I disagree. I watched a small bit on sky news this morning while having my tea and I quite enjoyed the outpouring of positive emotion from the crowd. Anything that brings people together with a set of happy emotions is a good thing!

I wish the young couple all the best, its not a life Id want to live but he has no choice about the family he was born into and she is a brave girl to marry into it.

I just noticed someone put up union jacks in our coffee room and two of my colleagues have taken a day's leave to watch it at home.
I'm shocked. I genuinely thought no one would be interested in it.

I just noticed someone put up union jacks in our coffee room and two of my colleagues have taken a day's leave to watch it at home.
I'm shocked. I genuinely thought no one would be interested in it.

Lol - I saw 3 or 4 lads in work pouring over a newspaper together on their break, as I passed I overheard "...ah she is a lovely looking girl alright....",".....and I heard they will be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge...","....I wonder what her dress will be like...".

People ARE interested to some degree.

Back