Royal Wedding

liaconn

Will anyone bother watching it?

I remember all the excitement around Charles and Di's wedding, which turned out to be a complete sham, him still really with the true love of his life, her miserably aware of this but didn't have the nerve to call the whole thing off.

I wouldnt be bothered sitting 'watching' it - but no doubt will be interested to see what her dress is like so will probably check it out on sky news or something.

No interest whatsoever. People famous for nuthin other than being famous, yawn.

Alright. I'll admit it that I'm looking forward to it. I have the day off to watch the festivities and have my Royal Wedding mug for my tea.

And I'm fine with that - as much as my OH and co workers roll their eyes :)

No interest whatsoever. People famous for nuthin other than being famous, yawn.

What do you mean?

The future king of England is hardly some sort of reality TV nobody-type celebrity.

I won't be watching it myself but I wouldn't regard Prince William as being famous for "nuthtin"

I've booked the couch and the telly for the duration! I'm not a huge Royalist but I love a good love story and it's history!

I watched Charles and Diana get wed. My granny had a party but I was sick so spent it in a duvet walking from her house to my own across the road. I was twelve and this time around I'll be watching it with my own twelve year old daughter...who will NOT be sick!

We're making a day of it.

I'd imagine it will give the Jeremy Kyle brigade along with the airheads something different to watch for the day... empty lives

What do you mean?

The future king of England is hardly some sort of reality TV nobody-type celebrity.

I won't be watching it myself but I wouldn't regard Prince William as being famous for "nuthtin"

OK so he is famous for being born into a particular family, other than that what has he done, and more importantly what is he going to do? (the answer is at the end of your sentance)

OK so he is famous for being born into a particular family, other than that what has he done, and more importantly what is he going to do? (the answer is at the end of your sentance)

What did the Pope do but Irish people will still flock to see him if he comes to visit and a lot of people watched his inauguration. Same with our fascination with US Presidents. Remember the hype for Obama's inauguration.

So what if the people in the UK want to make a big deal out of it. He is their future King. Nobody is asking people here to care. Just because someone might watch the wedding doesn't make them a Jeremy Kyle layabout.

Like Truthseeker, I will have a look at the news to see the dress and some of the celebs attending. Even if I wasn't going to be at work that day I wouldn't be bothered sitting through the whole ceremony.

I think they seem like a nice couple, and far better suited than William's parents were, but to be honest there's nothing terribly interesting about them.

What do you mean?

Eh, well he's famous because of his family, and they're famous because at some point in the last 1000 yrs or so, some invading, thieving, murdering and butchering ancestors, knocked off all the other butchering ancestors, grabbed all the land, and proclaimed themselves Royalty.

Then they proceeded to make a spectacle of power to keep them in their royal comfort, and their mits on the power & the dough. So William, altho I have nothing against him, has nothing going for him over and above any other 28 yrs old, and he amounts to nothing other than a somewhat ridiculous circus monkey trained to keep the whole Royal show on the road, and the Red Tops in profit. And most of the Brits, and much of the rest of the world can't get enough of it.

I'd imagine it will give the Jeremy Kyle brigade along with the airheads something different to watch for the day... empty lives

Who's Jeremy Kyle? I want to watch the Royal wedding but I can't remember the last time I watched day time TV!

I doubt I'm an "airhead" either.

As for the empty lives comment, I'd be willing to show you my weekly schedule, my life is anything but empty.

You really shouldn't be so quick to stereo type!

What did the Pope do but Irish people will still flock to see him if he comes to visit and a lot of people watched his inauguration. Same with our fascination with US Presidents. Remember the hype for Obama's inauguration.

So what if the people in the UK want to make a big deal out of it. He is their future King. Nobody is asking people here to care. Just because someone might watch the wedding doesn't make them a Jeremy Kyle layabout.

The Pope is chosen for his role and is believed to be the leader of a faith by that faiths followers.
the fascination with US presidents I would imagine comes from our links with the US and the fact that we embrace all things American.

Anyway I was responding to the post that ' William is hardly famous for doing nothing'. I don't really see anything in your post that suggests that your opinion differs to mine.

The Pope is chosen for his role and is believed to be the leader of a faith by that faiths followers.
the fascination with US presidents I would imagine comes from our links with the US and the fact that we embrace all things American.

Anyway I was responding to the post that ' William is hardly famous for doing nothing'. I don't really see anything in your post that suggests that your opinion differs to mine.

Who said "William is hardly famous for doing nothing"?

No, I agree with you but to be honest I find the idea of a Pope elected by a bunch of non elected cardinals to be as ludicrious as a Royal Family. I don't have time for either. To be fair to the English, the King/Queen is head of their Church as well so if we make a big deal of the Pope, they are perfectly entitled to get excited by the Future King of England getting married.

Back