Roy Keane ?

Well as much as I cant defend the rest of it, that bit is simply not true.

I suggest you watch this if you do not believe me.

The 16th second is when he did it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest you watch this if you do not believe me.

And where does it show him spitting on the player? You see him spitting but that is all. He was never accused of that. Not even Haaland claimed that. The foul was bad enough. There is no need to make stuff up to make it sound worse.

And where does it show him spitting on the player? You see him spitting but that is all. He was never accused of that. Not even Haaland claimed that. The foul was bad enough. There is no need to make stuff up to make it sound worse.

Halland was on the ground in agony when it happened, he'd never have noticed.

I edited my post to include the exact moment when Roy spat on him.

The 16th second is when it was.

He attacked him, turned, looked down on him and spat on him.

Halland was on the ground in agony when it happened, he'd never have noticed.

I edited my post to include the exact moment when Roy spat on him.

The 16th second is when it was.

He attacked him, turned, looked down on him and spat on him.

Again, it doesn't show that. Do you think you are the only person that has spotted this? The referee, none of the other players, the FA and the Media all missed Roy Keane spitting on a player lying injured on the ground?

Anyway, this isn't 2002. Not spending my time talking about Roy Keane anymore.

Again, it doesn't show that. Do you think you are the only person that has spotted this? The referee, none of the other players, the FA and the Media all missed Roy Keane spitting on a player lying injured on the ground?

Anyway, this isn't 2002. Not spending my time talking about Roy Keane anymore.

From a far distance the camera was for the tackle and then in real time it goes close up, as clearly as possible you can see Roy Keane spitting in the exact spot where he moved from which was where his target was.

From a far distance the camera was for the tackle and then in real time it goes close up, as clearly as possible you can see Roy Keane spitting in the exact spot where he moved from which was where his target was.

He spat on the ground, there were other city players between him and haaland, so why bother making things up! It was a terrible tackle and he admits that he meant it at the time, it hardly makes him a thug though. Plenty of sportspeople have taken things too far with adrenaline pumping.

Ah come on MrMan, do you seriously think the players would hear the singing and say, "actually lads we must have done alright tonight, listen to that"? Keane is only making himself look stupid by coming out with comments like that. As others have said, there is a time and a place for the post mortem on the tournament, but for the fans over in Poland it is not the time or place to start getting peed off and booing. They simply want to enjoy themselves and nobody can blame them for that. I certainly don't agree with Keane that the fans should be booing the team over there.
But once the dust settles I definitely think there are hard questions to be asked of the manager. His selection of Cox against Spain was strange. His substitutions have been equally strange - bringing on Cox left wing when we have two left wingers on the bench, bringing on Long but pushing Doyle to right wing, then bringing on Walters and pushing Long out to the right wing - wtf!! Leaving Whelan on when he has looked knackered for the past two games, bringing on Green who has no club instead of Gibson who has been playing regularly in the Premiership - wtf!! So Trap has a lot to answer for and I hope he shows immediate changes for the World Cup Qualifiers, but as I said booing the team off against Spain would have been wrong and therefore Keane was wrong - imho! :D

I don't think the players are that naive obviously, but it does allow for a little bit of head buried in sand syndrome, like delaney looking for an award for the fans etc, if we keep going on about the fans, it means we're doing nothing where it matters. My point is that Roy didn't slam the fans as so many people seem to think.
People on AAM often go on about the negative stereotype of the Irish and their drinking, but we then lap it up when we are told we are the best in the world and are the life of the party. Win or lose....

A thug who walks out on his country, as Keane did in 2002, has zero credibility with me. A proper gurrier if ever there was one.

An old debate that nobody can win, and lets not forget that he actually played for his country after 2002. He was no saint, but teams excelled at the highest level because of him. If he was a rugby player he would be a warrior, to you he is a thug, to me he was one of the reasons why i enjoyed watching football before he retired.

He spat on the ground, there were other city players between him and haaland, so why bother making things up! It was a terrible tackle and he admits that he meant it at the time, it hardly makes him a thug though. Plenty of sportspeople have taken things too far with adrenaline pumping.

If you take the trouble to actually look at the clip you will see he spat directly in the location where his victim was.

"Plenty of sportspeople have taken things too far with adrenaline pumping"

Wanna name me someone who waits 2 years before they get their own back for something?

Wow, SLF has a lower opinion of Roy Keane than me. I didn't think it was possible!

If you take the trouble to actually look at the clip you will see he spat directly in the location where his victim was.

"Plenty of sportspeople have taken things too far with adrenaline pumping"

Wanna name me someone who waits 2 years before they get their own back for something?

So now it is spitting in the location of and not on? Plenty of sportspeople have talked about taking revenge. In soccer alone I can think of Paul Scholes and Iwan Roberts to name but two who publically admitted it.

Wow, SLF has a lower opinion of Roy Keane than me. I didn't think it was possible!

Yes I know it is strange that we actually agree on at least one thing.

I really can't stand the man!

Anyone who will deliberately try to harm another, and for what?

Because 2 years previously Halland shouted at him because he fell in the penalty area.

Keane was in extreme pain and was not faking it, but many players have faked falling in the area to try to get a penalty, I assume he thought that Keane was trying it on.

That's why he was so angry and shouted at him on the ground.

Keane's response 2 years later was to not tackle him but foul him.

He could have had the courage to call him out but no he had to do it on the TV with everyone watching.

Halland went for the ball and got it, but Keane was not aiming at the ball he aimed at the man.

We should call that incident what it was, an unprovoked assault.

It is my belief that the police should have been involved in that incident.

So now it is spitting in the location of and not on? Plenty of sportspeople have talked about taking revenge. In soccer alone I can think of Paul Scholes and Iwan Roberts to name but two who publically admitted it.

The location was aimed at his victim on the ground.

Did they end peoples careers because someone shouted at them?

Do you ever wonder why you might be the only person who has ever brought up with this spitting accusation? Seriously, do you not think this might have come up at the time?

Also the ending of career is another fib bandied about. Haaland didn't even go off after the tackle and played in games after it.

By the way I had huge respect for Keane the player but little for Keane the man. It's no different to Ali. Superb boxer but a horrible human being. Doesn't mean his sporting achievements shouldn't be recognised.

Yes I know it is strange that we actually agree on at least one thing.

I really can't stand the man!

Anyone who will deliberately try to harm another, and for what?

Because 2 years previously Halland shouted at him because he fell in the penalty area.
I'm just surprised that it took this to bring you out of retirement! :D

Do you ever wonder why you might be the only person who has ever brought up with this spitting accusation? Seriously, do you not think this might have come up at the time?

Does that mean I am wrong because the vast majority of people cannot see it or does it mean I spotted something nobody else can see.

It is as clear as crystal to me.

I can even see the look of contempt on his face as he does it.

Also the ending of career is another fib bandied about. Haaland didn't even go off after the tackle and played in games after it.

But not very many at all

By the way I had huge respect for Keane the player but little for Keane the man. It's no different to Ali. Superb boxer but a horrible human being.

Cough cough............I think you mean Mike Tyson

Doesn't mean his sporting achievements shouldn't be recognised.

Well there's a thing.

What is sport?

Whatever it was that Roy Keane represented was not anything I'd be teaching my kids.

Fair play, respect for fellow professionals and most respect for the game.

He showed none of those things.

EDIT....

Not to mention, Saipon where he left and then went back and carried on with his drama and was rightly sent home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you spotted something that no one else in the world had. Contact the papers. You will make a fortune.

No I meant Ali. If you think he was a nice human being, then read again.

You can teach your kids what you want. Let's see how many of them become professional footballers. Let see how many of them become one of the top players in the world. Let's see how many of your kids do things on the pitch that you might not be proud of if they do reach that level. There is a difference between playing sport and working in sport.

Here we are, most of us trying eke out a decent living not knowing whether we will be working next month or not. Mr Keane is rolling it in and will never see a day when he will have to even think about his earnings. He has copped on from Mr Dunphy etc and knows by saying something controversial he gets more and more publicity and consequently the fact of more and more earnings.

And we are helping his financial cause . . . the quicker we learn to stop earning megabucks for overpaid smug former footballers the better . . .

Here we are, most of us trying eke out a decent living not knowing whether we will be working next month or not. Mr Keane is rolling it in and will never see a day when he will have to even think about his earnings. He has copped on from Mr Dunphy etc and knows by saying something controversial he gets more and more publicity and consequently the fact of more and more earnings.

And we are helping his financial cause . . . the quicker we learn to stop earning megabucks for overpaid smug former footballers the better . . .

Roy Keane has made his money through the profession he excelled at, which pays in the manner in which it does to all world class footballers, and not just Roy. So I don't see why you need to point that out
And I doubt he needs to come out with controversial statements so as to boost his wallet....perhaps he just wants to see his country do well for itself, and cant abide the 'we win, we loose, we're going on the booze' attitude of the 'leaders' especially, within Irish Football

But not very many at all

True, Haaland didn't last many games after but that was due to consistent problems with his left knee, the opposite knee Keane caught. Haaland had long term problems with his left knee long before Keane fouled him.

Back