Roy Keane assistant irish manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamos

Just curious as to other people's thoughts on this?

Quite apart from his Keane's not very successful managerial career, what about the fact that he walked out on his country during a World Cup?

I must admit i came down on the Mick McCarthy side during the Saipan affair and have never forgiven Keane.

As Eamonn Dunphy said, a possible train wreck on the way!

Is it a good idea to have an opinionated, aggressive, introverted, insecure and very divisive former player who is hated by a large proportion of the fans and players and had a history of putting his own ego ahead of the interests of club and county as assistant manager?

I’ll keep my opinion to myself on that one ;)

I am surprised by how strongly people still feel about Saipan and who did what and who said what. And when people use the term 'traitor' in this respect, I just roll my eyes.

As long as the performances improve, I don't mind who is on the sideline. As long as it is not The Gaffer, or Trappatoni.

As long as it is not The Gaffer,

The "I'm the Gaffer" press conference was on Reeling In The Years the other day; as cringeworthy as ever after years have past.

O'Neill is well used to getting good results out of teams that don't have panels of big names and big budgets so this should be familiar territory for him. Roy can say and do what he wants but as he's number two, O'Neil doesn't have to put up with too much hair dryer antics. Roy is clever enough to know thee are plenty in the wings wanting and waiting for him to fail.

I think Mario Rosenstock is the biggest winner out of all of this. The material will write itself.

Now if we can just get Dunphy in as kitman, there would be no stopping us........

Now if we can just get Dunphy in as kitman, there would be no stopping us........

Absolutely. With Mourinho back at Chelsea and now Keane in the Irish set up, he must think all his Christmases have come at once!

As one who travelled to Japan in 2002 in foul form after that traitorous git refused to pull on the green jersey I must admit to being remarkably sanguine about Keane's appointment as number 2 to Martin O'Neill.

Football is the most venal & pragmatic of sports & if this appointment helps lead us to qualification for Euro 2016 then I will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back