Rossberry - Lucan

jonnyhotspur

Hi
Is anyone familiar with the Rossberry estate in Lucan? Thinking of buying a house there. It looks nice but just wondering if any of you have experiences there. I asked at Lucan Garda station but they weren't very informative. I was thinking of knocking on the neighbors door and asking advice -- would this be a good idea?

Regards
Jonny

Hi ya! I live in the Rossberry estate for almost 6 years and I am very happy there. It is very quiet - I have never seen nor heard of any trouble and all the neighbours seem friendly and pleasent enough. Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will gladly answer them. Good luck with your house shopping!

Thanks BumbleBee
I strolled around the estate 2 evenings last week and again on Saturday. It does seem really quiet. We viewed the detached house facing the green on Monday night. Seems like really good value and only 10 minutes walk to the new train station at Kishogue. The layout was a bit odd and doesn't suit our requirements though.
I looked at the South County Dublin development plan and saw that there is a large residential development planned between Rossberry and the train tracks. This wouldn't worry me unless access was through Rossberry. Know anything about this? By looking at an aerial view (on myhome.ie) access would be through either Rossberry, Oldbridge or Tullyhall.

jonnyhotspur

Access will be through TullyHall through one of the "cul de sacs" in the estate. Rossberry is very quiet, probably due to the large number of Gardai living there. Know of at least 6 houses either owner occupier or rented by them.

Back