ROS vs MyAccount - are they exclusive of each other?

chatan

On foot of paying submitting a payment and an RTS01 for share options coming from my employer's ESPP scheme I've just received an 'you have been registered for Income Tax, and ROS is mandatory' type letter.
To-date as a PAYE employee I had only used MyAccount, and usually just for claims on pension AVCs. But my understanding now is that once share options are involved I have to start using ROS? Assuming this is so, my main question is that having looked at an online form-11 (e.g https://www.revenue.ie/en/self-assessment-and-self-employment/documents/form11.pdf) there seems to be an awful lot of information that overlaps with MyAccount (or what could be submitted through it), and I'd be loath to try and re-enter that on a FORM 11. Ideally, I would just fill in the section (E) relating to share options, and continue to make pension AVC claims through MyAccount. Is that feasible, or do I have to say goodbye to MyAccount for any future tax claim?
To add - I am dumbfounded as to why share options are not part of MyAccount in the first place, but that's for another day,

That was fast! Thanks. I've not yet actually done the ROS sign-up, did I see somewhere that some of it will be pre-populated?

To add - I am dumbfounded as to why share options are not part of MyAccount in the first place, but that's for another day,
You're probably benefiting from additional income in respect of share options in excess of €5k p.a. and consequently have become a "chargeable person" subject to self assessment (via ROS/Form 11) instead of simply being PAYE (and able to use myAccount/Form 12).

The value is irrelevant. If you exercise, assign or release share options that automatically makes you a chargeable person for that year.
Ah, ok. I may have been thinking of ESPPs?
And my knowledge of this stuff may not be up to date...

Good to know the form is pre-populated. I'm not questioning so much why I am now chargeable but rather why the items that triggered this (e.g share options) are not part of MyAccount in the first place. Not really a complaint, it just seems very odd.

Good to know the form is pre-populated. I'm not questioning so much why I am now chargeable but rather why the items that triggered this (e.g share options) are not part of MyAccount in the first place. Not really a complaint, it just seems very odd.
Not really. They're dealt with under self assessment so why would they be on myAccount?

Not really. They're dealt with under self assessment so why would they be on myAccount?
I mean could they not also be made available under MyAccount, thus avoiding the need to transition to self assessment for the many PAYE employess (I would think) whose tax affairs are straightforward.

I mean could they not also be made available under MyAccount, thus avoiding the need to transition to self assessment for the many PAYE employess (I would think) whose tax affairs are straightforward.
If/when they ever change the rules/policy so that options don't make an individual a self-assessed "chargeable person" then I guess that they'll add the option to declare them to myAccount at that stage?

thanks for all the helpful replies. Just one final note - I now see within the MyAccount portal that I am blocked from editing the years now under self-assessment. Which makes perfect sense.

I think its is a major downside of doing ESPP for a small amount that you are forced onto ROS. It is a huge form, the majority irrelevant for you. I don't think it's that prepopulated the first year. After you figure the first year it's relatively easy. It is easy to miss stuff, missing a tick box loses you.... I am not sure is it either the employee or personal tax credit. Once first year is done it's OK.

Back